fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam - Lessons Learned & experience

Passed PMP Exam - Lessons Learned & experience 1 year 10 months ago #29378

• Chris Ridler
  • Chris Ridler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I passed my PMP exam yesterday (AT in all 3 domains) and PM PrepCast was a key study guide for the accomplishment. Here are some details regarding my experience preparing for the exam:
1. I am a working professional with a busy family life (2 kids that do many extra curricular activities).
2. Purchased PMP Exam Prep Simplified by Andrew Ramdayal - I found it to be a great condensed version of the PMBOK with practice questions at the end of each chapter, took me 2 months (about 4-5hrs/wk) to get through the book.
3. Scheduled my exam date 6 weeks out, needed a firm date to work towards so I wouldn't procrastinate.
4. Purchased PM PrepCast Exam simulator and started doing mock exam questions. I completed about 1500 of the exam questions over that 6 week period with an average of 62%. I completed the 4 full practice exams with scores of 61%, 68%, 72%, 75% - set aside 3hrs on Saturday mornings to complete these.
5. After completing the exam and being successful I have to say the exam simulator prepared me the most as the questions on the actual exam were very similar.
6. I completed the exam online through PearsonVue and it went very well, check in was smooth, no issues during the exam and I was able to complete it from the comforts of my own home. I had very few questions requiring calculations, didn't feel I required a notes page or calculator in hand.
Final thoughts - pick an exam date, commit to it, do as many of the PrepCast exam questions as possible, review ones you got incorrect, complete the 4 full exams.
Good luck!
Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smitha Anna Jacob, Luz Elena Avalos Soto, Ivan Lopez Mendez, Tomislav Bakic

Passed PMP Exam - Lessons Learned & experience 1 year 10 months ago #29391

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Chris,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login