fbpx

Reply: It took me 169hours to ace the PMP exam (AT/AT/AT) ...using a hybrid approach

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : It took me 169hours to ace the PMP exam (AT/AT/AT) ...using a hybrid approach

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 11 months ago #29329

Stan Po - Admin

Felipe,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the valuable inputs you provided via our Live Feedback service. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 11 months ago #29325

Felipe Perez

I passed with what looks like 86% (by checking proportion of grade)! I wanted to share with you how I implemented the learning from PrepCast WHILE studying for PMP. Check pictures and text below for details!

Costs management plan: I didn't set any limits to prepare for the test, just wanted to minimize my total committed time. My company paid for everything: PrepCast course (350 U$) + TIA exams (40 U$) + Certification (450 U$)
Schedule management plan: I tracked very precisely my time using a gadget called Timeular. In my first week I did parametric estimation plus buffer to predict 187h of total study time and used it as a baseline to track progress (worked greatly). I did the average of ~2h for all 90 days prior to the test.
Scope: I used only PrepCast to go through all content for the PMP exam (all books were out of scope for my study like PMBOK6 or 7 nor the Agile book).
Quality management plan: With PrepCast I quizzed myself after each chapter until I hit 75%, then I moved on to the next chapter.
Risk management plan: Each wrong question I answered I then logged them as a risk register entry and studied before the simulations (total 495 concepts I got wrong in my journey).
Lessons learned: 1- I probably only needed half of the time (around 90h) to pass the exam, so if you hit 65% on your TIA exams (or 60% on PrepCast), you are probably good to go. 2- The exam questions are VERY similar to the PrepCast ones. 3- Time management during exam is crucial. I read questions twice and I did not have time to review, just did it all slowly but surely, never looking back. 4- Around one third of exam questions are very ambiguous and you are left with two almost equally viable options (many times it felt like a random decision).
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login