fbpx

Reply: I passed the PMP exam in 1st attempt with all ATs at a test center

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed the PMP exam in 1st attempt with all ATs at a test center

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 2 weeks ago #29245

Stan Po - Admin

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 2 weeks ago #29242

Experience on PMP & test center

's Avatar

I have read a lot of inputs on this forum which have proven useful in my preparation. Today, after passing PMP, I am glad that even I can post something useful.
  • I purchased the PMPrepcast exam simulator and started taking learning tests based on domains. This helped me a lot to understand question types and overall expectations of the exam. I completed almost all test questions. Its important to take note of questions you are getting wrong to go through them again, I took screenshots and it helped me in the revision during a week before exam.
  • 1 month before my set exam date, I switched to full PMP exams from the simulator and would take one exam every Saturday, check which area I am getting wrong and revisited answers to only those questions, as I didn't have a lot of patience going through all wrong answers again.
  • Again stressing that the simulator is a gem, helps you with the mindset you need for the exam, explanations are the hero of this tool and the content wise richness is helpful.
I would like to share the experience at the test center, which I could not find much on this forum but could be helpful to some.
Fast forward to the day of the exam- Center based, had to reach center half an hour before scheduled time of exam. Instructions were given to read and also reiterated verbally of the conduct while taking test. A locker and key was provided where I could keep my backpack.
The food, water and medicines needed during break were supposed to kept inside the locker but out of the bag. Bag and the cellphone could not be touched during breaks, the area was under CCTV surveillance. Only eyeglasses,locker key and mask was allowed in the test area, tissues were provided, a plastic booklet with permanent markers for any rough work was provided.
Jacket, handkerchief, pen, wrist watch or any other jewelry was not allowed.
The eyeglasses were checked on a device to detect any cheating. Self frisking in the presence of the pearson vue facilitator was to be done every time entering the test area. Noise cancelling headphones were available to be used as required for every person.
Worst part was, a mask was mandatory to be worn throughout. I used the break time to remove mask in the washroom and breath freely. To stop eyeglasses from fogging, it was allowed to use mask a bit lower on nose. Be prepared mentally for small challenges such as bigger desktop screen than you are used to, or feeling a bit colder towards the end of the exam due to lesser people in the room after 4 hours. A printed result was provided at the end. Hope this helps, Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login