fbpx

Reply: Passed Exam on First Go - Whoot! Grateful for the practice exams.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Exam on First Go - Whoot! Grateful for the practice exams.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 weeks ago #29201

Jeannette Hernandez

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your success!

Glad to read your lessons learned and that our products helped you prepare for your exam.

All the best!
2 years 4 weeks ago #29196

Anna Smith

Hey Everyone,

Excited to share that I passed my PMP exam on the first go today (scoring above target in all three areas). I was really motivated to do it on the first try since I am 30 weeks pregnant and due to my internet quality and little monsters at home I signed up to do the test at the center and wanted to avoid having to go in again.

I only used PrepCast for the Exam Simulator but found it to be one of the most helpful prep tools. I tool the 4 practice exams and just nearly failed the first two and passed the second two (76%, 77% respectively). Overall, I completed 852 questions in the simulator during the prep and had 70% correct on my first try. As others have mentioned, I have found the questions on the actual exam to be easier at times. The PrepCast prep was super helpful with the quality of explanations behind the best answers. I did not focus a lot of time in my practice exams on going back and reviewing my questions but was taking the time to really understand anything I got wrong in the review part. Due to this approach at home I would finish an easy 30min early with sometimes longer breaks while in the actual exam I took more time with each question and then took more time to review questions during each section.

For this exam I read PMBOK 6th and the 7th edition (did not find reading this version that helpful), the Agile Practice Guide and PMP ExamPrep Simplified but honestly I would mainly recommend reading PMBOK 6th edition and doing this Exam Simulator if I had to prioritize my time again.

Personal tip: I only brought one snack for the exam and would have been feeling a bit better if I brought two (one for each break). I also forgot my blue lens glasses for the exam and definitely felt a bit of a headache without them day of.

Best of luck to everyone!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login