fbpx

Reply: I've passed all 3 domains with flying colors and Above Target!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I've passed all 3 domains with flying colors and Above Target!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 2 months ago #29045

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Congratulations, Ting Zhang!

Thanks for posting your Lessons Learned about the PMP exam process. The PM PrepCast and Exam Simulator were important tools for me in passing the test, too.

I'm glad you made it, too, and I wish you all the best going forward, Ting Zhang, PMP!
2 years 2 months ago #29040

Ting Zhang

I passed my exam on January 29, 2022, and literally started studying on January 14, 2022.

Within the condensed two weeks, I was working full-time and studying 3hrs/per day after work. I took two days off on January 27 and 28 and studied for almost 10 hrs/per day since I had promised myself to be PMP certified on the 1st attempt.

---Main Sources to study---

1. Required Course

I completed my 35 hrs course from my MBA program@ Asper School of Business in August 2021.

2. Ricardo Vargas Process video on Youtube.

This video is a MUST watching video that helps me understand the processes and build the framework for the following study. I printed the process map with all my notes all over the map and best utilized the process map as my following study guide.

3. Andrew Ramdayal TIA Exam Simulator (CDN$50) MUST!!!

I didn’t practice the questions on 1st attempt; instead, I watched Andrew’s video explanation for each question for the 1st run. The mindset on each question of the simulator helped me understand the rationale behind each answer. On my 2nd attempt, I had an average of 85% on this simulator, which help me build my confidence.

4. PMP Certification Exam Prep 2021 Exam 720 Questions (CDN$20.99)

As the same, I reviewed the answer for all 720 questions and try to best utilize the knowledge build-up to understand the mindset of the correct answer. On my 2nd attempt, I scored 70-75% which passes the recommended required score to take the exam, which really build my confidence.

5. PM Prep Cast (CDN$170)

The simulator is expensive and I did struggle for half an hour, but glad I bought it since it mainly focused on the Agile mindset which is my weakness. I literally completed 4 simulators 720 questions within 3 days. That was a nightmare to condense all 720 questions in such a short period of time. While I reviewing the questions, I kept adding notes to my self-organized PMP key points notebook. before the exam, I reviewed the notes of the key points for three-time to enhance my memory.

I didn’t go with “Joseph Phillip’s PMP Udemy Course” and “Andrew Ramdayal PMP Udemy Course” due to time constraints.

--Exam Feedback—

-I took mine online, and that is the part I really DON’T recommend since the server is not stable and I got kicked out of the system 5 times due to some Java error problems. I was struggling with "in and out problems" that really messed up my emotion, but I'm glad I made it!

-I took my two breaks for only 5 mins each since that day is Chinese New Year's eve, I just want to complete and celebrate!

-No math questions.

Wish everyone a PASS!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login