fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam with 3 AT's in first attempt

Passed PMP Exam with 3 AT's in first attempt 2 years 2 months ago #28996

• Chris Kiel
  • Chris Kiel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello all,

I have been following Prepcast for about 2 months now - even if I have not used the course and simulator here myself. I would like to thank this community and also those who have previously shared their lessons learned here - these have given me courage and confidence in my efforts to become PMP certified.

I started my training 3 months ago - on 01.11.2021 and worked out a training plan with the specific goal to take the exam on 24.1. First I read through PMBOK 7 - to be honest it was light reading.
Then I thought about the exam and wanted to understand more about the exam itself.
That's when I came across the training simulators, I chose one other than Prepcast because I wanted one in German and I wasn't sure about Prepcast if that was possible.
Then I read the PMBOK 6 and tested myself with each chapter on the simulator.
Then I took the full exam in the simulator and scored 73%. I think it will be similar to Prepcast. Then read the Agile Practice Guide (2x). My simulator covered a few questions from it.

Reading PMBOK6 and Agile Practice Guide and training on the simulator I did for about 6 weeks - every day about 3-4 hours. In the last days I have partly studied 7 - 8 hours.

Today on 24.01 I took the exam and passed with 3 AT's. The preparation I spent was adequate.
My lessons learned from the test:
- A lot of Hybrid and Agile questions without going quite deep into the details, the Agile Practice Guide is a good guide for the flight level.
- A lot of questions on leadership
- One calculation

In preparation I did the Exam Simulator with 180 questions in about 2.5h - I managed the actual exam in the exact time without significant stress.
Nevertheless, you should not underestimate the time even if you want to do well. I have respect for the exam itself, but I think it is fair and doable if you are prepared and interested.

I hope this feedback helps someone.

Passed PMP Exam with 3 AT's in first attempt 2 years 2 months ago #29007

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Chris!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login