fbpx

Reply: Got AT on the first try of the PMP exam :-)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Got AT on the first try of the PMP exam :-)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28965

Stan Po - Admin

Jimy,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 3 months ago #28955

Jimy Gomes

On the first try, I passed my PMP exam today (Jan. 15, 2022). I got AT on all three domains.
Thanks to the Prepcast for helping me with the exam preparation. It would not have been possible without thoroughly going through the PMP Exam Simulator.

Here are my lessons learned for future exam takers.

1. Pay attention to the question. I cannot emphasize this enough. There is a difference between "What should the Project Manager do to solve/resolve?" vs. "What should the Project Manager do first/next?". The exam contained many questions like this, and you have to prepare for them. The exam simulator is a great tool to practice these types of questions.

2. I passed two practice exams (71%) and failed two (68.3%). When I reviewed those exams, I found that I did not necessarily lack the knowledge. But, it was about understanding the questions. So, spend enough time practicing the quizzes (10-20 questions max) every day alongside studying the materials. It will help you immensely in understanding/deciphering the questions during the exam.

3. Take the designated 10 minutes breaks during the exam. Go outside the exam room, have some water/tea, and freshen up your mind. It helps a great deal. The sluggishness/tiredness of the mind does contribute to making silly mistakes. So, utilize the breaks.

4. I was confused about which PMBOK guide to follow for the exam since PMI is transitioning from 6th edition to 7th. I decided to follow 6th since I started with 6th in the middle of last year. I did not come across any exam questions that were not covered in the 6th edition. So, if any of you are writing the exam in the next few weeks, I am assuming preparing based on the 6th edition is good enough.

I hope these lessons learned will help some potential exam takers. Good luck to you all!

And thank you to PM Prepcast team once again for contributing to my success!

Regards,
Jimy

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login