fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam Passed on First Attempt 3xAT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Passed on First Attempt 3xAT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28839

Stan Po - Admin

Tommaso,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 3 months ago #28834

Tommaso Belluzzo

For preparation I used the following :
  • PMBOK Guide
  • Agile Practice Guide
  • PrepCast Exam Simulator (gone through all the questions at least twice)
  • Other mock exams available online.

The exam was a true nightmare. I would say that 95% of questions were situational, with 2 to 5 phrases and at least 2 potentially good answers.
No "technical" answers: no calculations, no tools and techniques, no process identification. No straightforward answers.
I would say 30% were adaptive/agile, 20% were predictive/waterfall and 50% were referring to hybrid approaches.
The majority of questions were focusing on leadership role, team development and management, communications management, stakeholder engagement, how to handle conflicts and priorities.
On a marginal note: while being extremely uncommon to find in mock exams, including PrepCast Exam Simulator, the steering committee was a very recurrent entity in both questions and answers.

My lessons learned register:
  • Hard work and focus on objectives will never make you fail.
  • PrepCast Exam Simulator is the best available preparation.
  • Endurance is extremely important. Being prepared to rapidly answer questions for many hours is paramount.
  • An important success factor is learning how to manage stress while you struggle with questions and wonder if you are doing well enough to pass.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login