fbpx

Reply: pass PMP on 1st attempt, Nov 2, 2021

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : pass PMP on 1st attempt, Nov 2, 2021

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28796

Stan Po - Admin

Mandy,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 3 months ago #28794

Mandy Dannerth

Exam day was high anxiety. Testing center was fine, but I didn't mentally prepare enough for the distractions of other test takers, proctors, etc. the noise-cancelling headphones they provided are uncomfortable, but were a must-have to block out minor distracting sounds from others in the room.
The test itself was difficult, in that the questions were far more vague than questions on PrepCast and other PMP prep exams. There was a solid mix of Agile and Predictive questions. Most questions give details on a scenario, and your answer is the best option you can find to determine "what do you do next?". For many questions, I wasn't certain if I had selected the correct answer.
Time-management was reasonable. I had been finishing prep exams with plenty of time remaining, but with elevated anxiety on test day, I took a little more time on each question.
Taking breaks was essential to collect my thoughts and regain composure for the next section.
NOTE: mark the time on a clock when you start your break and when you are due back. You may need an extra minute or 2 for the proctor to do their checks and log you back into your test. Once you re-enter the testing room, you are expected to resume the test, even if you have time in your 10 minute break leftover.
I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see the "Congratulations" page after completing the last question!
I spent 3 months studying, after taking the prep course. I used Project Management Academy and went to an in-person, 4-day course. They provided their own training guide deck and exam prep strategy guide, along with a copy of the PMI Authorized PMP Exam Prep book, and study guide key concepts sheets and a color-coded ITTO sheet. I also purchased the PMBOK 6th Edition. I read through all the materials twice, taking notes, highlighting, learning key terms, etc.
Practice exams were essential! I used practice exams from PMA, and took 4 PM Prepcast exams and exposed myself to 1500 of PM Prepcasts questions through many exams and quizzes. I was taking a full practice exam every Sat & Sun, and doing smaller lots of questions nearly every weeknight in the month leading up to my exam.
I am very glad the exam is over and I passed on the first attempt with Above Target in all 3 areas. This is an exam I definitely would not want to have to retake.
Good luck to those preparing to take the PMP Exam!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login