fbpx

Reply: PASSED !! Don't underestimate yourself. You put in the work, You will pass

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED !! Don't underestimate yourself. You put in the work, You will pass

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 5 months ago #28662

Stan Po - Admin

Julie,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 5 months ago #28660

Julie Johnston

Hello Fellow PMPs and PMP Aspirants,

I passed with AT in all domains back in October. I diligently read all the Prepcast lessons learned and PMP exam discussions leading up to my exam, they were really helpful and hopefully, my testimonial will help someone too.

The first thing I want to say is that the Exam is not there to trick you, it is there to make sure you understand the concepts and how to effectively handle situations. If you put in the work, you should pass, believe in yourself.

The study materials I used were the Agile handbook, PMBOK 6th edition and Rita Mulcahy's 10th edition and the Prepcast Similator. My 35 hours were from the Master of Project Academy (I don't recommend this to others as it has significantly dated material). I also purchased the PMI's practice PMP exam, this is also not something I would not recommend as I found numerous errors in the questions/answers which was very discouraging and hurt my confidence to sit for the exam. Without a doubt, Prepcast simulator is the greatest tool that prepared me for the exam. The questions are structured in a way that resembles the exam questions and the explanations regarding why answers are/are not correct are invaluable. I learned more going through the answers than all of my study/reading combined.

Do not underestimate the endurance required to make it through a nearly 4-hour exam. Practice with the simulator exams, they are great for you to really understand the timing for answering questions to successfully get through all the questions. I also recommend practising the exams with distractions. I scheduled my exam so that the kids would be in school and my husband would be at work so that I would have a perfectly quiet house. To my surprise, my next-door neighbour had a watermain break and I had to deal with the noise of a hydro vac truck in addition to construction trucks excavating, and replacing the pipe.

I wish you all luck in your pursuits.

~ Julie

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login