fbpx

Reply: Passed AT/AT/AT 1st attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed AT/AT/AT 1st attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 months ago #28661

Stan Po - Admin

Laia,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 4 months ago #28647

Laia

hi!

Today I passed with AT/AT/AT at 1st attempt the PMP exam. Part of the sucess has been the simulator.

On February I became member PMI, suscribed the course for Pre-cast PMP in PMI (35 contact hours). Contacted my previous managers to assure they would be able to sign my experience if audited.

I did the course in April (quickly, not paying attention and randomly answering the test sample just to get my certificate for the contact hours).

On May 2021 I submitted my application (we got a bonus from the company, so instead to await until June-July, I decided to go for it). I had a clear idea of not starting to study until my application got accepted.

Luckily for me, my application wasn't selected for audit and decided to schedule a safe exam date taking in consideration that I have a full-time job in a corporate position, so November.

I started by finishing the course of Pre-cast of PMI on August 2021 (taking it seriously). From there, I took the exam sample questions, which to me were not similar to the ones in the exam but helped to form PMI criteria.

Afterwards, I read highlighting the PMBOK + Agile Guide v6. No notes, I didn't have time with my job. I acquired v7 to later on find that wasn't used for the exam... I think at the beginning I did some notes, but soon I realized that could take me years and that, anyway, the PMBOK wasn't a preparation for the exam.

After this, I suscribed PM Pre-cast simulator, did some quizzes when it was possible to me. My study plan was ruined thanks to a suprise trip in the company to audit a vendor... Jointly with family visits from abroad. So, honestly, my last 3 weeks have been crazy doing the complete exams on weekends, Sunday (Halloween) did exam 1, next weekend Saturday exam 2, Sunday morning exam 3, and afternoon-evening exam 4. I couldn't do exams between Monday-Friday because of lack of time. I corrected the exams this week on afternoons-evenings and had to take 2 days off of work to finish correcting them (exam 1 good answers and bad answers with notes, rest of the exams just wrong answers because was running out of time). Yesterday, on morning I was finishing to correct exam 4 and just after lunch I decided to re-take exam 2 which had the worst result, 63.3% . I finished having 84.4% in this second attempt after reviewing all wrong questions from the 4 exams.

Still don't know how I managed to pass with all the constraints I had during last weeks. I did a lot of mental preparation and now I'm scared because of internet stories of people having revoked the certificate. Everything went perfect during my exam, only looked the screen and the room was empty (yes empty... only desk and two furniture completely emptied with american tape in doors xd). I already have my certificate in PMI and received PMI e-mail congratulating me for the PMP certificate. I just hope that this is definitive and there isn't any last minute surprise!

PD: contacted PMI customer service, they told me not to worry that all was perfect in my profile and that for some people results reflect immediately. I guess that the AI that reviews the video recording, didn't detect any red flag (I didn't have any warning during my exam) and my exam wasn't chosen for audit. I was a bit scared to have everything on the same day, score reports, e-mail from PMI, certificate... PMI assured me not to worry.

Also, I found this interesting video about the AI used during the exam and what crazy things people do to get the PMP certification...
This also somehow calmed me down in regards of getting revoked the PMP. Seems that people complaining on internet did some proxy cheating or bought exam questions illegally (I guess that they detect this through facial expression, answers and time to answer them compared to other candidates). It's not the same time when you read for first time a question than when you recognize the exact question and you already have the answer. I recommend watching the video, specially for people worrying too much like me. Preparing the room and reading some exam takers issues with proctoring were key to avoid their mistakes (lessons learned!).

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login