fbpx

Reply: I used the simulator as study a parter to help me pass the exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I used the simulator as study a parter to help me pass the exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 months ago #28604

Stan Po - Admin

Iris,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 4 months ago #28603

Iris Ou

's Avatar

Hello everybody,
Firstly, I would like to say “Thank you PrepCast team for the simulator! Without it I wouldn´t have passed!”

After I finished taking the “Foundations of Project Management” course and was about to preparing for the exam, COVID happened and I was home with my two kids who asked me for some help every 10 minutes. Because of all the uncertainties at that time, I didn’t take the exam when my memory of the course was still fresh, but I definitely would recommend you do so if you can. When I finally can start preparing for the exam, I only have limited time to prepare and pass the exam before the ‘New’ exam being phased in. I know I must try hard to accomplish at first attempt and I had to have a lot of motivation and discipline.

I started to read Rita´s book about 6 weeks before the exam and I did the timed quizzes of the simulator belonging to the chapter. I studied the explanations to help me better understand the topic and knowledge area. I find the timed quizzes is perfect for someone like me who can’t dedicate a whole block of time studying and isolate yourself from others things. I use the simulator more of a study tool than exam tool.

After reading through Rita’s book. I started practicing answering 20-30 question of each knowledge areas that I have lower score and still taking notes from the explanations. I actually only did the full simulator exam once. But it would be helpful if I could do more just to get a better sense of the time frame.

I think I wouln´t have passed the PMP exam without the PrepCast simulator, because it prepares you not only with questions that are very similar to the real exam, but also help you to think about the process and apply what you learned from the book to a situational.

I wish you all the best for the exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login