fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Lessons Learned: I passed!

PMP Lessons Learned: I passed! 2 years 6 months ago #28480

• Haley B
  • Haley B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
First off, I want to thank Cornelius and everyone at PM Prepcast. The PMP simulator was the key to passing my PMP exam on my first attempt!

Here are some of my lessons learned:
-With the 2021 exam focused on agile, I recommend spending at least 50% of your time studying agile topics (read the Agile guide).
-My exam was 75% agile focused, the rest predictive and hybrid focused
-I took a class on Udemy for PMP math (instructor: Sabri C.). There weren't many math based questions on the exam but it helped tremendously in understanding EVM concepts and being able to answer these types of questions quickly and confidently
-Most importantly, one month before my exam I did 40 questions from the Prepcast Simulator daily, and on the weekends I did a practice exam. I took the 2 10-min breaks each time as if I was taking the real exam, and it helped me get into the routine so I felt ready by exam day. I ended up answering over 1,500 questions in the Simulator, reviewed whatever I got wrong and took notes.
-My practice exam scores were 71%, 83%, 81%, 82%. The actual PMP exam felt much easier than the questions in the Simulator. I highly recommend spending time on answering questions as it is much more engaging than just reading study material over and over :)

Good luck to everyone reading this - you will have a successful exam experience if you put in the time and stick to it!

PMP Lessons Learned: I passed! 2 years 6 months ago #28517

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Haley,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login