fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP with AT in all 3 in First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP with AT in all 3 in First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 5 months ago #28372

Pramod Singh

Thank You!
2 years 5 months ago #28365

Stan Po - Admin

Pramod,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 5 months ago #28364

Pramod Singh

Happy to share that today I cleared PMP exam in first attempt with AT in all three domains. Thank You Precast for creating this wonderful simulator using which one can benchmark and gauge their readiness for exam. The simulator also helps to identify the knowledge gap and the details answers/explanation helps to enhance knowledge.

Study Plan and resources:

Resources I used:

- 35 PDU -Joseph Philip course
- PMP study Guide & practise test Kim Heldman
- Prepcast mock simulator
-Pmbok 6th edition
-Agile practice guide

I studied the Kim's Guide & agile practice guide thoroughly one time and skimmed through PMPBOK for the same knowledge area/process.

study Plan -30 days 2-3 hours and 6 hours on weekend + 10 days simulator -I subscribed to Prepcast simulator and practiced for approx.10 days totaling 40 days study cycle including mocks.
I scored 76 %, 83 % & 79% in the three full 180 Q mock test. I didn't had time to take the 4th mock test & the optional ITTO test in the simulator. I also practiced random quiz 30-50 questions few times.
I would definitely recommend subscribing to prepcast simulator. The question pattern in actual exam is pretty similar, however my observation that the quite a few questions in prepcast simulator questions are framed to gauge your understanding at a slightly deeper level (especially question involving knowledge of IITO’s to answer them correctly) than the actual PMP exam which I felt( I could be wrong here this is just my observation) validated not so deep level understanding but it is better to be overprepared.

My tips:
• The actual PMP exam is heavily focused on agile, hybrid situational questions so
One should have good understanding about what is sprint, scrum, roles of scrum/agile,what does scrum master, product owner do and how they add value to project.
• Study well the agile practice guide
• Don’t focus too much on ITTO’s in my exam there wasn’t a single question on IITO .
• Study about servant leader mindset for e.g. he would rarely do extreme things like
-replacing an underperforming team member (but rather take the training/coaching route)
- abruptly close the project for a small risk etc.

• Don’t study /practice questions which involved complex calculations the exam has only 2-3 numerical questions like CPI & SPI which can be done without calculator
• Don’t fret too much the actual exam is not that tough (this is just my observation) if one applies common sense combined with servant leadership + basic knowledge of 49 processes and 10 KA.
• Know basic things for e.g what is project charter which stage it is prepared and stuff like this will help you eliminate the wrong choices and choose the right answer.
• Prepare you own notes which you revise quickly when you start your mocks in simulator and before actual exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login