fbpx

Reply: Achieved my PMP certification (Above Target in all 3 areas)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Achieved my PMP certification (Above Target in all 3 areas)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 6 months ago #28291

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hey,
Once you finish 60 questions (review them before beginning break else you will not be able to review), there will be message displayed about 10 minutes break. If you select tab “start break”, it automatically starts 10 minutes break (message will be displayed that your break began and rules which you need to follow during break).
Proctor will be there in case you have any questions or need help.
2 years 6 months ago #28289

Celia Child

Hi Sumit. Quick question. For the break, is there a button you hit to take your break once you hit 60 questions, or does the proctor initiate the break? Thank You!
2 years 6 months ago #28283

Sumit Kale (MSc.-Ing. PMP)

I have passed my PMP exam successfully (above target in all 3 areas) on 16.09.

I took exam at home (proctor based online exam) and everything was smooth.

Exam preparation Strategy:
1. OSP Bootcamp - 1 week full day bootcamp with Oliver Lehmann (Really awesome trainer and shared lot of experience / situations which was helpful to tackle with situations based question)
2. Study group- I have formed private study group (3 people from different industries) and studied regularly with them (2 hours per day and 8 hours on weekend).
3. Video lectures by Cornelius Fichtner- Refered to cover my knowledge gaps and to be frank these lessons kept my spirit high, kept me on track while working and studying. You can access lessons via tab/ mobile while travelling (trust me it made life much easier). Must do thing
4. PMBOK guide + Agile practice guide- MUST DO (Before exam read twice and kept some notes). Most of the situiation based questions were from Agile practice guide and new PMBOK guide
5. PmPrepCast Exam Simulator- Practiced questions (classroom + Knowledge areas) regularly. 1 week before exam took 4 exams (one per day) and analyzed knowledge gaps / improvements. Exam simulator was most important part in exam success (time tracking / pressure handling, Getting used to exam structure and situations based questions). Exam results were 65%, 69%, 75% and 78%.

Exam Day:
1. Prepared my table and sorrounding as per guidelines received by PearsonView (Do all steps carefully to save further troubles)
2. System checks (Do 1 hour prior to exam and PLEASE DONT USE OFFICE LAPTOPS)
3. Checked in 30 minutes prior and check in was smooth (Proctor told to take few pics of room and me, Told to show all sorrounding/ room and my exam table)
4. Once all checked and Proctor was happy about evrything, he started my exam
5. First 60 questions were bit complex (as comapred to another 120) and took almost 75 minutes.
6. Took 10 minute break after 60 questions. PLEASE FOLLOW ALL RULES DURING BREAK AND MAKE SURE YOU START THE BREAK BEFORE LEAVING YOUR TABLE
7. Another 60 questions and then took break
8. Exam finished- Results announced and got good news of successful completion
9. Stayed on my place till Proctor told me last steps. DONT GRAB YOUR MOBILE OR LEAVE YOUR PLACE TILL ALL STEPS DONE AND YOUR EXAM SOFTWARE IS CLOSED
10. Few survey from Pearsonview and done

MUST DO THINGS:
1. Good Exam Simulator- I will recommend PmPrepCast
2. Small diverse dedicated study group
3. Practice Practice Practice and keep Practicing
4. PMBOK guide and Agile practice guide (atleast twice)
5. Give simulator exams like its your final exam (time tracking , breaks, seriousness)

Feel freet to ping me in case you need any more info.

All the best for your exams.

Best Regards,
Sumit Kale

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login