fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Above Target - 1st Try

Passed PMP Above Target - 1st Try 2 years 7 months ago #28191

• Natasha McG
  • Natasha McG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Wanted to share some helpful insights I used to pass my PMP exam on the first try!

Study Time : 3 Months
- 2 months before general review of a Test Prep book (I used The PMP Exam - How to Pass on your first try by Andy Crowe ** Make sure you get the updated 2021 version **
- 1 - 1.5 months before start taking the Exam Simulators here. I would study after work from the test prep book and then take a Practice Exam on the weekend. Take it like a real exam, closed doors -10 min breaks after Q60 &Q120
- 2 weeks before I broke my evening studies into study details of each knowledge area + Agile. Ex. Day 1 - Scope/ Day 2- Schedule / Day 3 - Cost etc.
- 1 week before review the final practice exam simulator and reread the chapters that I had lower scores in.
- Day before I took a few learning quizzed focused on the areas I had difficulties in. Then LOG OFF! Get rest - reset mentally.
- Day Of : Review any notes you may have taken down - truthfully I read mine out loud as if I was giving a presentation - then went in a took the exam!

Just prepare and be honest with yourself on how much time you need and areas to focus on - and you should be good! Good Luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amir

Passed PMP Above Target - 1st Try 2 years 7 months ago #28214

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Natasha!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. The tip about reading out your notes like a presentation is really helpful!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login