fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP with ATx3

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP with ATx3

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 7 months ago #28178

Stan Po - Admin

Devin,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 7 months ago #28175

Devin Tunnage

's Avatar

Here are a few tips and lessons learned from my process:
My primary study material was Joseph Phillips's updated PMP exam prep. I was a little discouraged with some of the comments and feedback from aspirants saying that the course was not adequately updated for this year's exam, but I found that his material touched enough to make me foundationally aware of subjects that I have not been exposed to during my career. Even when he did not go into detail on certain topics, he helped me to bridge the gap on topics I needed to dig a little deeper on my own. His quizzes were sometimes poorly worded though, so I didn't put too much time into them.

Invest in some sort of simulator. Don't be cheap!!! Practicing sitting for 230 minutes by using the PrepCast Simulator was EXTREMELY beneficial for me. Even after having done all of the full simulation exams, I still found myself combating exam fatigue; however, I was able to finish strong because of that practice. PrepCast also does an excellent job of explaining why answers make sense or do not make sense. I learned a ton of new information just by exposing myself to as many questions as possible before my exam. I assure you that you will not regret that investment.

A vast majority of the test was hybrid focused so it is highly beneficial to understand both predictive and adaptive methodologies but then focus most of your efforts on the happy medium that is the hybrid environment.

I did not have any equations on my exam but it is important to be able to interpret different EVM values.

I recommend studying between 4 to 6 weeks depending on your work schedule. By week 6, my anxiety was through the roof and I was just ready to get the test behind me. I took an aggressive approach to studying (about 4 to 6 hours a day for the first 4 weeks and then as long as possible with the PrepCast questions daily for the last 2 weeks), but that is definitely only sustainable for a short timeframe (and not necessary for everyone). Whatever timeframe you decide on, make a plan and execute it. Don't deviate. YOU MAY NEVER FEEL READY, but if you have put in the time and been diligent with studying, I promise you know more than you think you do and you ARE READY.

If you struggle with anxiety, I recommend only telling a few of your closest friends/family about this endeavor. Too many people knowing only adds extra pressure of really wanting to pass and you don't need any unnecessary pressure.

I'm really frugal and searched high and low for a discount code and the only thing I found that worked was APPFEE10DIS and it only saves you $10...but money is money :-). Use that $10 on a cold beer after you pass your exam.

You've got this. Take breaks when you need them!!! Trust in your preparation. Good luck and Godspeed.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login