fbpx

Reply: Mostly Situational - I am 100% sure of an answer to only 1 question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Mostly Situational - I am 100% sure of an answer to only 1 question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 6 months ago #28208

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially the tip about PMI Study Hall. I'm sure you must have felt rushed, but you did a great job so well done!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
2 years 6 months ago #28169

Passed PMP Exam on the First Try

's Avatar

I took the exam 30-July-2021 at a Testing Center. I have been in PM career path for over 10 years. I took 2 Udemy courses not by PM PrepCast. I used PM PrepCast Simulator and PMI Study Hall for mock exams. Here are my lessons learned from the exam:
1. I ran out of time! The only things I wrote on the whiteboard given to me were the minutes rundown that I calculated per 60-question set and the breaks so I know my baseline. I took the first break, BUT I had to skip the second break altogether so as to catch up on the last batch of questions. Answered all questions with 2 minutes to spare! I was panicking inside. Not time to go back to marked questions; I didn't mark any though. I read questions twice even though they were much shorter that the PM PrepCast Simulator questions. about 25% of the time I went back to questions to check again.
2. Most of the questions were situational with questions like "What would the PM do?", ...do first?, ... do next? I only had one question that I was sure of the answer because it was prescribed in PMBoK.
3. About 70% Agile and Hybrid. Does not specify approach, you can only sense from the wordings.
4. About 4 drag and drop; 1 calculation non-EVM; About 2 hotspots.
5. Actual Questions are of the same structure as the PMI Study Hall, some questions I recognized, but asked a different thing.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login