fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP on my first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP on my first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 6 months ago #28173

Stan Po - Admin

Todd,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the valuable inputs you have provided via the simulator Live Feedback feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 6 months ago #28168

Todd Huston

I took the prep course from a competitor, but was very disatisfied with the sample exam questions and clarificaItions. I learned of the Prepcast simulator and joined right away. The questions, answers, and explanations really hit home with me. I have been a project manager for over 20 years. I spent a great deal of time in the simulator to understand how some of the new ideas about project management work with what I already know and do.

I burned through about 1500 "ish" on the test questions. I am a little slow at reading, so time was always critical for me. I always took timed tests. I found a great pattern for me was to take small tests of 40 questions and then immediately do a review and then repeat.

As my test time grew close, I took 2 practice exams. scored 81% and 82%. From the graph print out on my exam review, it looks like I got at least that on the exam. All three areas were AT.

I finished the exam with about 30 minutes to spare. I plowed through the exam without any breaks. I took the exam at a test center, and thought the breaks would be more disruptive than they were worth.

Good luck everyone!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login