fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam with Above Target in 3 Domains

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam with Above Target in 3 Domains

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 8 months ago #27828

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Arshad Syed, PMP!
We appreciate you coming back and giving us this detailed review of your study prep, which is really helpful.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
2 years 8 months ago #27798

Arshad Syed

Good Morning, Good Afternoon whereever you are in the World,

I recently passed my PMP Exam with above Target in all the three Domains.

This was one heck of a task, which I am going to describe you in detail, so hold on to your nerves Guys.

As I started my journey to earn the PMP Certification begining this year, there were lot of unkown Risks which had to be taken care of e.g. The new Exam pattern has changed and there was not much information readily available.

The first step logically which I did was to search in google about PMP Certification process.

Project Management Institute (PMI) host relevant and current information on how to obtain different certifications on their website. I downloaded Examination Content Outline (ECO) for the syllabus content for the Exam and Project Management Professional Hanbook to inform myself about the procedures to apply for the Exam.

I started then with Youtube videos and sessions from Mr. Cornelius Fichtner, where he provided great insights about the changed Exam pattern and tips to prepapre for the Exam. Apart from this I studied these Books and used the following Material for preparing for the Exam:

1. PMBOK Guide 6th Edition
2. Agile Practice Guide
3. Kim Heldmann PMP Exam Study Guide 10th Edition
4. Andrew Ramdayal YouTube Videos
5. Nilokpal Ray YouTube Videos
6. PM PrepCast Simulator (after I was confident of testing my Knowledge and taking the Mocks)

PM PrepCast Simulator offers its users free/trial version to test yourself before you can really buy the full version, I found this very insightful as I could see the value upfront before investing 149$ for the full version. The Simulator is well designed, it is user friendly and the explanation to the answers are logical with references which were the highlight.

I guess it is important for all the PMP Aspirants to analyze the mistakes and review the Lessons Learned to close the knowledge gaps. Please review your answers and mark your notes trhough the references provided in the answer explanation section.

Having a full version provided me to simulate real exam scenario which helped me in getting used to exam like conditions even before taking my real Exam.

PM PrepCast sets you up for the Game!

Wish you all good luck for the Exam and have a good day/evening/night.

Regards
Arshad

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login