fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned - Passed my PMP on first attempt and above target on all domains

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned - Passed my PMP on first attempt and above target on all domains

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 8 months ago #27830

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations!

I also found the Credly link quite difficult to find (for another certification) so I appreciate you sharing that.

Thanks for coming back and letting us have your top tips, and enjoy your new certified status :)
2 years 8 months ago #27780

Osatohamwen Usuanlele

I just passed the newly revised PMP exam of 2021 on my first attempt.
Preparation Tips & Lessons Learned -

PMP Exam June 2021
Lessons Learned

1. Lots of Agile questions... More than 50% (maybe 60-70%) agile

2. No calculation questions, no not one.
Only about 3 questions for interpreting the meaning/suggesting corrections to the project based on the given CPI and SPI values

3. Good number of tricky questions (or tricky options)

4. Always have an answer for an unsure question, even before marking it for review later. This is so that if you don't have enough time to review flagged questions, at least you know you gave it your best shot at that time. Also, if you leave a question without striking through options to eliminate of picking your best guess, it will to take you more time to read through again and understand when you get back to it.

5. Obey exam rules

6. Pace yourself well

7. Don't continuously allow Proctor interruptions to act against you. Let them know your plight and they should be responsible for the problems that originate from their end.

8. Ensure you take your breaks and maximize them well. Use the restroom, Review your jottings/mind maps and eat a snack, stretch well, watch a short funny clip... All these will help to refresh and re-calibrate you.

9. Ensure your are mentally and physically prepared before exam, rest well and be properly refreshed before the exam

10. Don't panic if it seems rough initially, you'll get a hold of it. Don't allow your confidence drop.

Verify here: www.credly.com/badges/4819efd9-2a0f-45f5...ce=linked_in_profile

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login