fbpx

Reply: I Passed the PMP Exam on 6/2 (Online-Proctored Exam Version)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I Passed the PMP Exam on 6/2 (Online-Proctored Exam Version)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 9 months ago #27563

Stan Po - Admin

Shogo,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 9 months ago #27554

Shogo Takemura

Hi Jacqueline,

Yes, the timer on the online exam was like the one from the PrepCast. It started from 230. Once you click “Begin Break” button that will appear after answering question 60, your exam timer will pause and your 10-minute break starts. My magic numbers were 154 minutes remaining at the end of Question 60 and 78 minutes remaining at the end of Question 120.

Good luck with your exam tomorrow!
2 years 9 months ago #27552

Jacqueline Durazo

Hi! Congrats!!! Quick question, scheduled to take my even tomorrow morning. How does the time get displayed on your online exam? Is it like the prepcast and count back from 230 and then pause when you take your 10 minutes break? I'm trying to calculate where I should be at at question 30,60,90,120,150 and end, because 30 questions is a good time pace for me to be aware of. Thanks!
2 years 9 months ago #27541

Shogo Takemura

I passed my PMP exam on my first attempt. I hope sharing my experience is going to be helpful.

How I Studied for the exam:

1. PMP Exam Prep Seminar - Pass the PMP on Your First Attempt” by Joseph Phillips
I went through his course on Udemy first. I took notes as I progressed through the course. I completed all of the chapter assignments and chapter quizzes without skipping anything. I studied at least 2-3 hours early in the morning almost every day. It took me 1 month and 3 weeks to get through the entire course.

2. PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator
I spent well over 30 hours in the PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator! I took as many quizzes and practice exams as I could until I felt comfortable. I studied from the questions that I answered wrong. The explanation was super helpful to understand why my answer was wrong and also taught me how to read the questions correctly. I went through 80% of the questions in the question bank. I made 68%, 78%, 76%, and 79% on Exam 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively. I remember that Cornelius mentioned in one of his webinars that once you can answer 75% of questions correctly in your first attempt, then you are ready for the real exam. I followed his advice and studied and learned until I could achieve this milestone. I spent 2 weeks and a few days in the exam simulator before I took the real PMP exam.

3. Other Supplemental Study Materials I Used:
I used the following resources to supplement my studying while I was going through Joe's Exam Prep Course and the PrepCast Exam Simulator (approximately 2-3 weeks)
Youtube videos – I used them to study particular topics or concepts that I didn't understand or wanted to improve my understanding.
Agile Practice Guide - I read through the guide once.
PMBOK Guide, 6th Edition - I didn't read through the entire book. I used it as a reference when I needed it.
The Scrum Guide by Ken Schwaber & Jeff Sutherland - I read through the document once.
Joseph's PMP Exam Prep Seminar Course - I went back to watch the chapters where I needed improvement. The stats in the Exam Simulator helped me to know in which areas I was weak.
PMP Exam Outline - I read this a few times.

What The Actual Exam Day Was Like for Me

I took the online-proctored version of the PMP exam from one of the conference rooms in my employer’s facility. I scheduled to take the exam early in the morning. I arrived approximately 1 hour before my scheduled exam time. The check-in process went well. I was able to start my exam 10 minutes earlier than my scheduled time. During the exam, I really focused on my time management and made sure that I was on track to finish the 180 questions within the allocated 230 minutes. I never felt that I was doing alright. I actually felt that I had already failed the exam in the first set of the 60 questions, but I decided to keep going. I took two 10-minute breaks to go to the restroom, eat small snacks, and stretch my legs. I don't remember calculating anything. I remember seeing 4-5 matching questions. I saw one fill-in-the-blank question, which I didn't see in the PrepCast Exam Simulator. In order for me to keep up with my time, I didn't have a chance to review my answers. At the end of question 180, I had less than 5 minutes left. Immediately after I ended the exam, I saw the "congratulations" message and knew that I had passed it. I received the score report from the PMI the next day and knew that I scored “Above Target” in all 3 domains.

The PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator is a must. It really helped me to prepare for the PMP exam.

I hope that all of you will do well in your studies and on the exam. Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login