fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: My experience passing the exam (AT/AT/AT)

My experience passing the exam (AT/AT/AT) 2 years 10 months ago #27529

• Elie De Castro
  • Elie De Castro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear students and future exam takers,

I have passed the PMP exam last week, on Thursday 27 May 2021, in English. I got Above Target in all domains with a very good score in the middle of the bar report. If I did it, you can get it as well!

What did work? What is key for me to get the exam?
  • The first most important thing is to test yourself with the simulator. As much as you can. Take at least 2 full exams to get a taste of it. Then do at least one per day round of 60 questions (75mn). I was scoring around 77-81% at the end prior to taking it. Then take time (a lot) to review very very carefully the wrong answers you gave to appraise and increase your level of understanding. Take also time to review what you have done correctly in order to reinforce your own knowledge for future more tricky questions (there are a lot in the exam).
    The second most important thing is a Questions answered notes register – take notes of your wrong answers, even of the good tricky ones. Then read them often to capitalize on your memory and sense of logic and understanding. It will prevent you falling again in the same trap, plus you will have a clearer understanding of the approach along your study.
    I have read the PMP book extremely carefully for days. It is very important to get the overall concept with the domains and the processes. There are many details in the PMP that you will get question on while taking the exam.
    I have read also the Rita, in order to full fil some gaps and to study with the questions at the end of each section. However, Rita’s question (from my point of view and felling) are not so good at all. Too much specifics, sometimes not clear and not close to the PMP real exam at all.
    I have also bought an additional course of the PMP online, on a website with on-demand video. The teacher was very good at getting the complex concepts reduced in simple manners.
The exam
  • The exam is very different from the PMP one. However, the Simulator prepare you very well I have to say. Indeed, the Simulator is very precise, and you can eliminate question easily at least 2 each time (sometimes it’s even to much easy). However, you will discover that the real exam is more difficult (it was for me). Questions can be short or long (both could be dangerous). The answers proposed are not easy sometimes to sort out – I found them broader and less precise which is leading sometimes to a strong need to have a vision of what you have to do next, how and when.
    Be ready and know Agile and the broader concepts (scrum, Kanban, crystal) very much. You will get tones of hybrid questions (40-60%).
    A 4h exam is long. You need to drink something and eat something at the test center to keep your level of energy high and focus.

Come on! You can do it !!!!

My experience passing the exam (AT/AT/AT) 2 years 10 months ago #27593

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Elie! Well done on passing and thanks for coming back to share your tips.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

My experience passing the exam (AT/AT/AT) 2 years 10 months ago #27619

• Haresh Sawdekar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulation Elie and Thank you for sharing your lesson learned.

My experience passing the exam (AT/AT/AT) 2 years 9 months ago #27691

• Tajuddeen Abdul Majid
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Tq so much Elie for sharing. Would you also share details on the additional online course you took?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login