fbpx

Reply: Passed on my first attempt on May 19 2021

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my first attempt on May 19 2021

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 10 months ago #27510

Stan Po - Admin

Paul,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 10 months ago #27501

Paul Saganski

Just wanted to share some lessons i learned on passing the PMP exam.

1. I started in Jan 2021 with the 35 hour course through the knowledge academy. The pdf of the course was the gold since it laid out the 3 domains in a organized way.
2. I signed up for the prep cast simulator in the first week of Feb after seeing several recommendations on youtube. Youtube was my main source of info for learning each area and taking notes when I was getting a question wrong
3. I did all 2100 questions over the 4 months including extra questions from Youtube and Scott Paynes pdf 128 questions.
4. The strategy of answering the question was key...Here's how I did the strategy...1. read the last sentence which would be the question being asked...decide if it was situational, process, tool or technique etc type question..ask yourself if you are in the present moment, done something already or what you need to do in the future...2. read the whole question and highlight key words in the question to figure out the time frame of the project and what process and project type you are...3. read the answers all the way through and then go through each one to see if what answers are best. 4. finally choose the best answer...sometimes there are some good answers and you have to figure out what pmp mindset you need to utilize to answer it whether its agile hybrid or traditional.
5. watch your time and manage it accordingly in the exam...this is crucial and take the 2 ten min breaks...that saved me so i could re align myself after doing 60 questions.
6. use all the time...after i was done i passed which surprised me the most because the questions were really hard and some what close to the prep cast questions. You have to know how to use logic, where you are in the time frame of the project and know what each project style is.
7. here are some links on youtube that helped me:
www.youtube.com/channel/UCzHijPeaF1SqbJpOkdnrb6A
www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCvCeDBVwtYVhGQ37Zq31g

and ofcourse prep cast's youtube channel

I explored all channels and info when getting the questions in the simulator wrong...my advice is to check all videos with the same topic and see how each talks about it.

The PM mindset is key to understand and use when answering questions.

With all the above i was able to be above target on all domains.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login