fbpx

Reply: My experience in passing PMP exam AT/AT/AT (1st attempt)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My experience in passing PMP exam AT/AT/AT (1st attempt)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 9 months ago #27509

Stan Po - Admin

Silvia,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 9 months ago #27500

Silvia Frigo

Hi everyone,
On 24/05/2021 I passed the PMP exam with AT/AT/AT. I've found it very helpful reading other people's experience, so here I am hoping I can also help someone.
Background:
I am an architect with 5+ years experience and I have been managing multiple $25-$100M projects from their early stage to completion. In some projects I was also covering the role of PM, in others I worked closely with PMs.
Course:
Between Oct 21 and Dec 21 I followed an on-line live course of 100 hours with an Italian business school which covered PMP exam topics and beyond.
Study:
Working full-time, I focused my studies mostly on weekends and some nights (when I had the strength). This is what I did:
- Went through the PMBOK 6th edition once. My suggestion: just focus on the tables and definition of all processes if you don't have time to read it all. The exam is not base on that.
- Went through Rita Mulcahy 10th edition once. I wish I had read it before the PMBOK guide. This book really helped me in clearing up ideas on how processes work.
- Bought an Udemy simulator for a cheap price. The contents weren't that bad, but it was explaining only the right choice.
- Finally I made the best decision and purchased the PrepCast Simulator, the only source I would use to practice for the exam day.
Exam day:
The check-in went smoothly. I chose to receive an sms with a link from where you can upload all pics of yourself, ID and room. No one contacted me via chat before starting the exam.When I was about half way, in pressing the "next" button the system crashed. I was pretty sure it wasn't my internet as I was using a wired connection. I could still see myself recording in the top bar, so I just chose not to move from the camera. I tried to contact a proctor but no one answered. After a couple of minutes the system went back on track to the question I was answering. I had to choose the answer again though.
Final thoughts:
During the exam I was feeling like reading the PrepCast Simulator questions, even if I have to say the answers often weren't what I was expecting to find. I really didn't feel confident in about 50% of the answers I gave, but if I passed AT it means this simulator did its job! Thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login