fbpx

Reply: Ashwini

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Ashwini

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 10 months ago #27329

Amber Williams

Thank you so much for this and huge congratulations! This is really informative!
I'll take you up on your offer to answer questions :)
Was there an emphasis on any section of a specific agile methodology or predictive knowledge area?
Also, were the questions straightforward or tricky like some of the prepcast questions?

Thanks in advance and again, way to go!
2 years 10 months ago #27325

Passed PMP AT/AT/AT (From Home)

's Avatar

Hi Y'all,
I passed my PMP Exam and got AT/AT/AT. Took the exam from home. Very easy check-in process. Started on time. I got mostly hybrid and Agile type questions and maybe about less than 10 match questions with the definition and 1 on 'fill in the blank question'. No math questions. I shared my study plan with my friends and she passed the exam as well. So hoping this will help the future PMP test takers too. Time to give back to the community right?

I studied for 6 Weeks for 5 hours everyday 8.00 PM to 1.00 AM. I have a 3 year old son so my study time was after his bedtime routine which my husband helped me with.

Resources:

PMBOK 6 Guide (Read Once)
Agile Practice Guide (Read 3 times cover-to-cover). Can be finished in a day.
Rita Mulcahy 10th Edition. This prep guide will help you bring everything to perspective. (MUST)
PM Prepcast Exam simulator (MUST)
Read ECO (Exam Content Outline) - 3 times

That's it. You don't need anything beyond this. No need to overstudy because the actual exam is very different but manageable. I would suggest practice questions in one sitting in 30, 40, 60 increments per chapter.

if you spend too much time reading and not practicing, you will not know where you stand with your preparation. If you stretch preparation time too much you will end up losing interest or your learning curve may drop. So, in my opinion, 6 weeks is good to keep yourself focused, engaged and motivated.

Study Approach (I call this a 'War Footage' Plan because you CAN complete this in 30 days if you can invest more than 5 hours everyday):

Step 0:- Book an exam date 6 weeks in the future

Step 1:- Read Rita's Integration Chapter 4. Make Notes of all the terms and explanation for each.

Step 2:- Then read PMBOK Integration.

Step 3:- Reread Rita Integration Chapter again and

Step 4:- Now attempt Rita's Post Chapter Question. Read incorrect and correct answers. Make notes

Step 5:- Then attempt 30 questions from Prepcast Simulator. Read incorrect and correct answers. Repeat the same for the remaining chapters.

That's it. You don't need anything beyond this. No need to overstudy because the actual exam is very different. However, Prepcast helped with preparation.

Please keep onething in mind. There is no simulator that will help with replicating what the actual exam presents because that could be a violation but Rita guide and Prepcast Simulator gives you a feel for the exam, solidifies your core concepts, terms and prepares you for the long exam.

During the exam, I took the full 10 min breaks because I started feeling tired after I completed the first set of 60 situational questions. However, I liked the questions. I thought they were interesting.

In the last two weeks of preparation and after being done with reading chapters and completing the practice tests:

Either attempt 60 timed questions from each Domain separately (Select the radio button "Include exam questions" OR

Do a Full test in one sitting Clock starts at 230 mins ---154 mins (Stop) ---Take a 10 mins break --- 75 mins (stop) -- Take a 10 mins break -- Complete the remaining 60 questions.

If you score less than 60 % you need to read all the chapters again. If you score more than 70% all chapter quizzes or the full practice exam. Give one more exam.

I did option 1 because of my son's routine.

Speed reading technique and interpretation:

Read the last part of the question first (What should the project manager do, except, select two options etc.)

Now, read the scenario

What the 'primary issue or concern' in the question?

Is that Agile/Scrum, Hybrid or Predictive methodology?

Who are the actors/nouns? (Sponsor, Team member or functional manager)

What is the action described or what has happened? (Project is delayed, project is on track, vendor has delayed the services) NOTE: The possible answers are already presented in the multiple choice. You just have to select the 'ONE THAT ANSWERS THE QUESTION'.

Hope this helps everyone and good luck with your preparation. Please let me know if you may have any questions.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login