fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP AT/AT/AT (Took the Exam from Home)

Passed PMP AT/AT/AT (Took the Exam from Home) 2 years 10 months ago #27275

• Passed PMP AT/AT/AT (From Home)
  • Passed PMP AT/AT/AT (From Home)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Y'all,

I passed my PMP Exam and got AT/AT/AT. Took the exam from home. Very easy check-in process. Started on time.
(I couldn't post my lessons learned on this site earlier so posting now. I helped one of my friends with my study plan and she passed the exam and hoping this will help the future test takers. Time to give back to the community right?)
I studied for 6 Weeks for 5 hours everyday 8.00 PM to 1.00 AM. I have a 3 year old son so my study time after his bedtime routine which my husband helped me with.

Resources:
1) PMBOK 6 Guide (Read Once)
2) Agile Practice Guide (Read 3 times)
3) Rita Mulcahy 10th Edition. This prep guide will help you bring everything to perspective. (MUST)
4) PM Prepcast Exam simulator Rating

Approach:
Step 1: Read Rita's Integration Chapter. Make Notes of all the terms and explanation for each.
Step 2: Then read PMBOK Integration.
Step 3: Reread Rita Integration Chapter again and
Step 4: Now attempt Rita's Post Chapter Question. Read incorrect and correct answers.
Step 5: Then attempt 30 questions from Prepcast Simulator. Read incorrect and correct answers.
Repeat the same for the remaining chapters.
That's it. You don't need anything beyond this. No need to overstudy because the actual exam is very different. However, Prepcast helped with preparation.

Please keep onething in mind. There is no simulator that will help with matching what the actual exam presents because that could be a violation but Rita guide and Prepcast Simulator gives you a feel for the exam, solidifies your core concepts and prepares you for the long exam.

During the exam, I took the full 10 min breaks (Looked out of the window for a change of scene LoL) because I started feeling tired after I completed the first long 60 situational questions.

In the last two weeks of preparation and after being done with reading chapters and completing the practice tests:
1) Either attempt 60 timed questions from each Domain separately (Select the radio button "Include exam questions" OR
2) Do a Full test in one sitting Clock starts at 230 mins ---154 mins (Stop) ---Take a 10 mins break --- 75 mins (stop) -- Take a 10 mins break -- Complete the remaining 60 questions.
I did option 1 because of my son's routine.

Speed reading technique:
Read the last part of the question first (What should the project manager do, except, select two options etc.)
Read the scenario
Search what the 'primary issue' is in the question?
Is that Agile/Scrum, Hybrid or Predictive project?
What are the actors/nouns?
What are the actions described? Verbs?
NOTE: The possible answers are already presented in the multiple choice. You just have to select the 'ONE THAT ANSWERS THE QUESTION ONLY'.

Hope this helps everyone and good luck with your preparation. Please let me know if you may have any questions.

Thanks,
Ashwini

Passed PMP AT/AT/AT (Took the Exam from Home) 2 years 10 months ago #27337

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Ashwini!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful and very detailed, I'm sure they will be useful for other candidates, especially your speed reading tips!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed PMP AT/AT/AT (Took the Exam from Home) 2 years 10 months ago #27346

• Ashwini
  • Ashwini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, Elizabeth.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login