fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP today, on first attempt ! <woohoo>

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP today, on first attempt ! <woohoo>

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 10 months ago #27260

Farzeen Riz

thank you Stan ! and yes, the live feedback was very helpful and the responses were very prompt
2 years 11 months ago #27255

Stan Po - Admin

Syeda,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the inputs that you submitted through our simulator’s Live Feedback™ support feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 11 months ago #27252

Farzeen Riz

I wrote my exam this morning, with much nervousness and doubt lingering as I selected my answers and raced against time. thanks to all the training and support from family and friends i passed! it was an immense relief to see the "Congratulations...." when i ended my exam. 

My preparation was as follows:
- completed the prepcast premium course and booster
- completed 4 exams and numerous quizzes from the exam simulator (started with a low score and progressed to 80s-90s score)
- read the PMBok and Agile practice guide twice.

Here are some lessons / tips I can share from MY exam:
- the Exam simulator really helped me discipline my mind and trained me to read the question with a focus on the situation, project stage, process, and issue. The detailed answers helped me understand the reasoning for the answers.
- i also recommend watching the Prepcast exam lessons and tips video from Cornelius (that really helped me)
-The PMP exam questions are different from the simulator questions. The questions I had were much more ambiguous and much more situational based.  In the exam they really make you choose the "best answer" out of what will feel like two or three really good answers,  and because of this I spent time re-reading questions and answers. needless to say I didn't have any time to review the questions I had flagged at the end. So read it right the first time !
- 30% of the exam seemed to draw on my experience as a project manager, and was less focused on definitions of knowledge areas, process groups, tools and techniques. so make sure you apply not just the theoretical knowledge but your experience as a PM when you respond to questions.
- the exam was very focused on communications, stakeholder management, emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills and team management skills in predictive, hybrid and adaptive environments.
- the exam does not use defined titles and terms very frequently. so you have to be very familiar with the roles and processes being described and also decipher what stage the project is in. Remember the answer has to be relevant to the step the PM has to take in the scenario / situation. 
- I personally did not have any questions that required formulas or calculations, but lots of questions where i had to match responses to scenarios.  
- i I strongly recommend focus on understanding, NOT memorizing the the principles

about the online exam experience:
- i had a problem with my video streaming halfway through the exam, which was fixed seamlessly with proper instructions on the screen and my exam time was paused.
- the exam simulator counts up (1,2,3...), the REAL exam counts down (230,229...). make sure you know what times you should finish each portion, there are no alerts.
- there is a calculator provided (i had no idea about this) on the exam app
- i received two warnings 1) my head slighlty moved off screen (focusing too much on questions) and 2) my eyes looked up in ponder (again thinking about the answer).
- the registration process with the photos etc. when you log in is straight forward. i have severe allergies so i requested kleenex on my table in advance of the exam (which typically isn't allowed...yes ! i know !). they took a scan of my handkerchief ! 

i hope this helps, for those of you about to do your exam, best of luck. with the proper preparation I have no doubt you will succeed ! :) 

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login