fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I passed my PMP exam 12/18/2009

I passed my PMP exam 12/18/2009 14 years 3 months ago #1153

• Cristina Roxana Chira
  • Cristina Roxana Chira's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Finally, I can relax for the holidays!

PM PrepCast was a great tool, and, just as Cornelius Fichtner insists, you must know the inputs, outputs and T&T!
I went through the PMBOK three times by the time I was ready for the exam. I also used Rita Mulcahy's and Andy Crowe's books, for covering some topics that were briefly mentioned in the PMBOK. I highly recommend www.pmstudy.com for simulated 4 hour exams. They helped bring my proficiency level to over 80% for every knowledge area.

I would say you need 200 - 250 hours of study time to be comfortable in taking the exam, so plan accordingly if you have other parallel activities.

Use the process flowcharts published in the PMBOK; they will give you the logical connections between one process' output and another one's input. Also group the T&T into logical areas. For example, Control Scope, Control Schedule and Control Costs all use variance analysis; they all take Work Performance Information as input and they all provide Work Performance Measurements as output.

Good luck to all you PMP aspirants out there!

Happy Holidays!

Cristina Roxana Chira, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login