fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on 23rd of March

Passed on 23rd of March 3 years 2 weeks ago #27055

• Giulio
  • Giulio's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I'm from Italy and I got PMP certification on the 23rd of March.
Here are my lessons learned:
1) If English is not you native language be careful on pace during the exam. I left 3 questions unanswered and the third iteration of questions (from 120th to 180th) was very hard because of the length of questions (2/3 rows). Exam simulations are very useful for acquiring a self-regulation on pace.
2) After having read all the books my study method was to take mainly the 60-questions quizzes in learning mode at first, then reviewing the incorrect answers and write down (in my native language) all the explanations. I then took an exam simulation.
3) Scheduling the exam is very important, it gave me a target date and forced me to program study, I had although I postponed 1 month from the first scheduled date (no fees for rescheduling during pandemic).
4) The books I used are: PMP Exam Prep Simplified by Andrew Ramdayal ( I took all the quizzes at the end of each chapter) and Agile Practice Guide (read it twice). I didn't read from start to end the PMBOK Guide but used it as a reference when reviewing the uncorrect answers from the quizzes.
5) During the exam the software has frozen and I panicked so I turned my head towards the router (no more than one or two seconds) and got reproached from the proctor. Remember to keep eyes always on the webcam, proctor has the complete control of the situation and can restore the software application.
6) You can get up from the chair during breaks. I wasn't sure about this so I asked via chat to proctor and he told me I could leave the room.
7) Try to keep the room the most quiet as possible. Silence is very important for concentration. Given the long time you'll spend in the room and level of stress it'll be very useful if nothing/nobody could distract from reading.
Good luck!

Passed on 23rd of March 3 years 2 weeks ago #27072

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Giulio!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially your tip about pacing, I'm sure many people find the pace of the exam tough, especially with the new style questions introduced this year.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giulio

Passed on 23rd of March 3 years 2 weeks ago #27092

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Giulio,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giulio
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login