fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: My way to get a PMP certificate (AT/AT/AT)

My way to get a PMP certificate (AT/AT/AT) 3 years 2 weeks ago #27044

• Jaroslav Ambróz
  • Jaroslav Ambróz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
On April 9, 2020, I passed the PMP certification with the above target in all domains. Preparation for the PMP certification began in my case immediately after the PMI-ACP certification, which I successfully passed in December 2019.

The first step was to gain 35 contact hours through the PMP Exam Prep Seminar - Pass the PMP on Your First Attempt (Joseph Phillips)

Subsequently, I filled out the application for certification and obtained the following material:
  • PMP® Exam Prep, Tenth Edition (Rita Mulcahy) - an outstanding publication for understanding the overall context
  • PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator ™ - testing, testing, testing,...
  • Head First PMP (Andrew Stellman) - an entertaining publication for those parts of the study where you have everything above your head and want to relax with a different style of learning
  • Hot Topics (Rita Mulcahy)
  • Audiobook PMP® Exam Prep, Tenth Edition (Rita Mulcahy) - occasional listening in the car on long journeys

What did I do?

• I set a goal - to pass the PMP exam within 1 year of registration approval - I wanted to properly learn all the practices and concepts of project management, I approached learning systematically

• I spent a few hours studying each week
  • - by creating my own extracts from study materials (here I discovered the charm of DEVONthink (Mac and iOS) and I highly recommend the publication Taking Smart Notes with DEVONthink by Kourosh Dini
    - by creating my own questions (I recommend Studies app for Mac and iOS)
    - using PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator ™

• I tried to introduce the acquired knowledge and practices into everyday working life
  • - adjustment of company processes
    - education of subordinates
    - for me, probably the best way to acquire knowledge

In total, I spent over 200 hours studying the background material and making notes
I spent over 30 hours answering about 1500 questions through PrepCast PMP Exam Simulator ™

How I evaluate the exam?

- no calculations
- no network diagram
- no ITTO
- over 50% of the questions were agile
- SPI, CPI and EV were repeated all around - it was enough to know the concept and what the numbers mean
- for me the exam seemed quite easy
- since I am not a native english speaker, I did not understand some questions but I could understand the context and answer the questions correctly

My way to get a PMP certificate (AT/AT/AT) 3 years 2 weeks ago #27078

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Jaroslav!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially about making your own questions and your thoughts on taking the exam in another language.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

My way to get a PMP certificate (AT/AT/AT) 3 years 2 weeks ago #27091

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Jaroslav,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login