fbpx
Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : [email protected]

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27035

Stan Po - Admin

Daniel,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 11 months ago #27034

Daniel D Mendiola

's Avatar

Prep Overview:

Summary Take-Aways
Study Plan Approach
Check in for test online
Other Items

QUICK TAKE_AWAYS
-Selecting your exam date – I gave myself six weeks with anticipated job hunting. (Select a date that gives a week of lag to handle life's pop ups and then commit). If your working – lets discuss to develop a schedule that makes sense.

-Time – I spent a few hours a day reading and reviewing, take it in manageable chunks; focus where your practice/mock exam data indicates you need work.

-Additional materials
-I invested in Rita Mulcahy’s 10th addition - $ 85 – benefit it provides clarity and helps synthesize processes for PMBOK and Agile. It was well worth it; a much easier and meaningful read compared to the PMBOK.

-I took the pm prepcast sample exam to try and then invested in the simulator $ 149 – benefit was huge, more realistic questions and large question pool so you wont see the same question twice. These practice exams really helped me in developing a sense for other question patterns, long enough to build endurance, practice time management and get feedback.

- Time spent on a simulator is well worth it.

STUDY PLAN AFTER 35 HOURS TRAINING:

Review week 1: Establish base Knowledge - 1 week PMBOK and Agile guide – read (practice short quizzes)

Review week 2: Reinforce base Knowledge - 1 week PMBOK and Agile guide – read (practice short quizzes)

Review week 3: Fill in gaps - 1 week Rita Mulchay (10th Addition) – read (exams 17-20)
try a free Prepcast test of 120 Questions – link Free PMP Practice Exam Questions - 120 Sample Test Questions (project-management-prepcast.com)

Review weeks 4 to 5: Testing and Stamina Build – 1.5 to 2 weeks I invested in a PMP simulator www.project-management-prepcast.com
I did exams 1, 2, 3 and 4 these are 180 questions (My recommendation - if you are working add an extra 2 weeks on to the to your test date)
Really good if you can align your practice exam times with the time you are taking the real exam.

CHECKING IN ONLINE

I had a great experience with the PearsonVUE and it was straightforward.

To reduce stress for check in – I attached a good link that shows what to expect for check in. It was spot on and made my check in a lot smoother.

Check in 30 minutes prior – will take about 15 to 20 minutes to go through an easy process. One change that I would recommend is to select text messaging to send your photos and pictures of your test site.

180 questions - You will have 2 breaks – one at 60 questions, the next at 120 questions
The breaks do not count on your timer. Once you reach the 1st break you will be prompted to review and then it will ask if you want the break. Once you hit yes a timer for 10 minutes will start. When you get back in and resume the timer for the test will resume where you left off.

OTHER ITEMS
Going to be days where you feel like you totally forgot things… relax and continue to work the reviews, it does gel.

Manage your time on the exam and have a preset strategy:
When to mark and move
Will you spend time reading and selecting and not going back to review (that is what I did based on the “don’t change your answer theory” I found that true on my practice exams. So I really spent full quality time on each question, if I did not know, I guessed and moved on.
Take each question one at a time and reset, do not think about the cumulative.

Questions I asked myself
What is the context – predictive, agile, hybrid
What process area am I in
What is the question

Good Luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login