fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam cleared on 26th March 2021 (cleared in 1st attempt)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam cleared on 26th March 2021 (cleared in 1st attempt)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27010

Stan Po - Admin

Shikha,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 11 months ago #27005

Shikha Shikha

Dear All,

This is Shikha. Happy to share that I cleared my PMP exam on 26th March 2021 in 1st attempt with 'Above Target' score.

I would like to share my PMP Exam preparation experience here-

After I submitted my PMP application in the last week of December, just then I got to know that PMI has changed the exam pattern. It made me anxious, things were “unknown unknown”, to say in PMP terminology. It made me quite anxious to start with, since the whole pattern was changed and PMI released new training deck along etc. Though I had already gone through required 35 hours of training in past and had sufficient PDUs for my application approval, I decided to go for a new training program provided by ATP, to fulfill the gap between old and new pattern.

The new training content and ECO mapping is difficult to get hold on initially. Also, another challenge I faced was with Agile concepts. Since I had not worked on Agile Lifecycle much, and I was almost new to training content, the first day of training was challenging as a lot of portion was explained using Agile terminologies. To overcome this gap in understanding Agile terminologies, I proactively I took another crash course of 1.5 hours on Agile, in between my usual training program, just to be on same pace with everyone else in the batch. I realized that basic Agile knowledge is presumed and is kind of prerequisite for the training in new pattern. As per my experience, having basic Agile understanding helps a lot during one’s training program and when one starts self study.

Along with online training program, I had also started reading PM Exam Prep book provided by PMI. That helped me a lot tooo in understanding new training content and ECO mapping with PMBOK.

When my online training program got over, I started with my self study to prepare for PMP exam. I made a study plan and roadmap to take up the exam.
To start with, first I had set a realistic target date to take the PMP exam. Having a realistic goal is key input in developing a well structured study plan. I made a structured study plan considering all possible resources, that I would require and the constraints I had. Having a well planned exam preparation roadmap is very important aspect in passing the PMP Exam. It helped me to have a target date and plan my study around that target goal.

I started my self study with Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep 10th Edition. After having done with one round of Rita's prep book, I started PMBOK to understand the basic core concepts more in detail. I would highly recommend to study PMBOK thoroughly to understand the core concepts of Project Management. Once the concepts are well understood and clear, then mapping everything with new ECO is much easier and easily relatable too. As I progressed with my self study, I learnt that though the training and exam pattern has been changed, the core concepts remain the same. Hence if one has overall good understanding of all core concepts, then it makes easier to map it with new pattern. This is first learning I thought of sharing with everyone.

Once my self study was over, I started with solving sample test questions provided on various platform. After having given few attempts to those sample tests, I realized that those sample tests available are not of much help, as it is all based on old pattern and quality of questions, matching answers were not up to the expectation. I was totally disappointed by the answers explained after each wrong question in those simulators. That was the time I realized having the right Exam Simulator was very important in my Exam Preparation. I had to choose a right Exam Simulator which could give me real time experience, without wasting any time as my exam date was fixed and approaching.

I had been closely following Cornelius Fichtner on Facebook, YouTube and was aware of the PM Exam Simulator provided by him. I went ahead and purchased the PM Exam Simulator confidently. And I must admit, that was the most useful decision I made at that point in time. After having a look and feel of PM Exam Simulator, I realized how a right Exam Simulator can be a total game changer for taking real PMP Exam.

This is the second learning I would like to share, to have the right Exam Simulator for practicing the test questions in advance.

PM Exam Simulator has questions as per the new pattern. Quality of the questions are of very good standards and the explanation provided with each answer choices are highly helpful in understanding the concepts more in detail. There are many time based quizzes on Simulator, which helps to get the right pace before attempting actual simulation mock tests.

After taking 5 time based quizzes, I started with the Mock Tests. there are 4 Mock tests, and 1 ITTO based test. The mock tests give real time experience and the user interface is designed in a way to give a almost replica of real PMP exam portal. 252 minutes provided for each mock test, with breaks included, made me practice questions with managing my time for each question and correcting my pace. I must appreciate that the level and quality of tests questions provided in PM Exam Simulator are highly relatable with real PMP exam questions. Simulator gave me lot of confidence to attempt all types of questions as per new exam pattern, including ‘match the following’, ‘hotspots’, ‘multiple answer choices questions’ etc. and questions in real exams were a lot similar to Simulator mock tests.
The mock tests are highly valuable for having the right time management for real PMP exam. The Mock Tests not only have different kind of questions, I was also able to tune my pace in real Exam. Since I had enough practice in simulation tests, I saved myself from the anxiety of looking at the timer every now and then.

This is the third learning I would like to share, to have the right time management and strategy for answering the questions. Please note that having the right pace is highly helpful and key in real exam, as the time is very limited for each question.
As per the instruction given on Simulator, I took breaks after each 60 questions during my simulation tests, that made me prepared for how the actual exam was going to be with breaks in between. Taking breaks helped me in my real exam and more focused. My advice will be to take breaks after each 60 questions.

In my real exam, I got 50% questions from agile and many from Hybrid too. Many questions were based on transition from Predictive life cycle to Hybrid.
My advise will be to focus on Agile and Hybrid lifecycle if you are not much familiar with those lifecycles and have not worked on the projects managed using Agile/ Hybrid approach.

Summary of overall learning -
1- Choose a training program provided by an ATP. I would highly recommend to go with PMPrepCast (based on my experience with PM Exam Simulator, considering the overall experience with it and the help that was provided along with that)
2- Set a target date and realistic timeline for taking up the PMP exam
3- Make a study plan to meet the goal. It is very important to have a very structured strategy and study plan.
4- Have the right resources. It is very important to choose the resources as per your own requirements, rather than going by hearsay, as every individual's learning curve is different
5- Choose the "right Exam Simulator" - my recommendation is to go for PM Exam Simulator provided by , it is the game changer for real PMP exam
6- Practice the sample questions as much as possible.
7 - Practice with time based quizzes and questions. Time based Practice will help you with right time management required for answering questions in real exam (Having the right time management is another key)
8- Breaks are helpful during the exam, do practice with taking breaks after each 60 questions.
9- Last but not the least and the most important learning - Follow Cornelius Fichtner very closely for all the tips and advices. It helped me a lot in my overall PMP exam preparation journey and passing PMP Exam.

I am so thankful to Cornelius Fichtner for all his tips and advices.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login