fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP first attempt - Above Target

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP first attempt - Above Target

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 days ago #26843

Markus Kopko

Congratulations Veronique and welcome to the club!

Thanks for sharing your success and experience with the community; highly appreciated!

All the best for your career as a PMP.

Regards,
Markus
3 years 1 week ago #26727

Deepa Sundaram

Congrats !
I am using PM Prepcast Simulator and finished my chapter quizzes with an average of 64%. Then I started redoing the quizzes and average raised to 71%.I have already finished with agile guide and PMBOK once. I haven’t started taking full mock test. Redoing the Prepcast quizzes helps, but then I remember the answers after second attempt. I take quizzes with 30,40,50 Questions . Do you suggest any plan to do in prepcast.
Thanks for your time.
3 years 1 week ago #26724

PMP Aspirant

Thank you very much for the response. I didn't know that there is an option to select only questions which were answered incorrectly.
In regards to the following question, I meant to ask if you faced these type of questions in the actual PMP exam.
- Did you have to solve any questions related to decision tree analysis, CPM methods, network diagrams and any formula related questions where you had to use calculator to calculate the values?
Also how much time (1st time and 2nd time) did you spend on solving the questions in quizzes and mock exams?
3 years 1 week ago #26723

Veronique Tregea

1. I did a lot of questions in lots of 10, 20, 30, 50, 80, 100 in the "Timed Quizzes" section of the simulator. I got some wrong and reviewed the answers to learn from my mistakes. After a few days, in the "Timed Quizzes" area you can select "only questions i answered incorrectly".... so then all the questions I got wrong were asked again. This gave me a chance to re-read the questions and hopefully select the right answer as I had already studied and made notes about what I got wrong the first time. In general my scores hovered around 65-75% the 1st time and when I did the questions again, they increased to 84-87%
2. Yes all these types of questions come up either in the simulator exam questions or in the timed quizzes. They're fantastic practice.
3. as per item 1 - 65-75% and then 84-87% the second time around. I only did the "incorrectly answered questions" including incorrectly answered practice exam questions twice.
4. As above always between 65-75% - I don't think I got anything more than 75% in any of the mock exams the first time around.
3 years 1 week ago #26721

PMP Aspirant

Hello Veronique,

Congratulations on passing the exam!

Can you please respond to the following questions?
- You mentioned in your lessons learned that you practiced multiple times the questions that you answered incorrectly for the first time so can you please tell me how were you able to take only those questions again in the simulator?
- Did you have to solve any questions related to decision tree analysis, CPM methods, network diagrams and any formula related questions where you had to use calculator to calculate the values?
- What were your scores / range (starting score, ending score) when you took the quizzes for the first time?
- What were your scores when you took the mock exams for the first time?

Your response will benefit a lot of people who are in the process of preparing for this exam. I appreciate it!
3 years 1 week ago #26717

Veronique Tregea

Hello Faizy
1. I started seriously on my own at first with an online tutorial from September. Then I decided that it wasn't enough and attended a boot camp and purchased the exam questions. This was to be sure that I knew everything backwards, as I had heard how hard this exam was. In hindsight may be I didn't need to be so thorough, but I didn't want to leave anything to chance.
2. After all the preparation with the 2100 exam questions, the exam itself was ok. I was SUPER nervous which made everything that little bit more difficult than they needed to be.
3. My scores varied from 65% to 75% on questions I never answered before. But I studied the questions I got wrong and after a few days went back and re-did all the ones that I got wrong. For those ones I got around 87%
4. Know the ITTOs, the different terms what they mean and when you can use them and practice the questions from Prep PM Cast. Those really worked for me.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login