fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26585

• Khaled Qishawi
  • Khaled Qishawi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello Everyone!

I just passed my exam with 2 Above Target(people & process) and 1 Target(Organization)and wanted to share my thoughts on anyone who is going through this path.

1. Study Rita and Agile book. Make sure you understand and not memorize. You don't need to cram, just be consistent and study 5 - 10 pages a day(I was working full time so it all depends on your situation).
2. Do the prep cast simulator questions. I did all 2150 questions and started off getting 50% and ending with 70%. I did 50 questions a day till I was done all 2150 questions. I would highly recommend to do them with the real time countdown and not practice mode. As in the exam you don't have 5 min per question. You need to train your mind to think quickly and if you don't know the answer, skip and go back to it later.
3. I did 4 of the Premium exams and got 74, 70, 70, 69. I did not do the last one(ITTO).

I know it's a long journey, but I can guarantee you that if you do the questions on the prep cast and get even 65% on all four exams consistently, then I am 90% sure you will pass the real exam.

I wanted to thank everyone who created and contributed to the prep cast simulator, it was definitely the reason why I passed the exam. It provided high quality questions as if I was just doing another premium exam on the simulator. When doing the simulator questions, make sure to read the solutions clearly and understand why you got a wrong answer. And of course read each question and answer carefully in the exam as one word can change the whole answer.

Thanks to all and good luck!!

Regards,
Khaled
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sudhir Kumar Pantagani, Natasha Sealy-Fraser, Linda BALAZSY

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26589

• Deepa Sundaram
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats!

I am using the PM Prepcast simulator and doing the chapter wise test .My scores always between 60-65%. Like to get some advice, how to practice more and improve the scores. I haven’t started taking the full exams in simulator yet. What is the best way to use PM Precast Exam Simulator and practice? How many exams/questions to practice in the simulator? How to improve the scores in the simulator? Any suggestions/advice will be very helpful.

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26592

• Duon Martin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congrats Khaled! Which version of Rita's book did you use, the 9th edition or 10th edition? Did you refer to the PMBOK at all? Did you take your exam at a center or at home? Would you say that the exam was a combination of 50% Agile and 50% PREDICTIVE/WATERFALL APPROACH?

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26595

• Nikane Mallea
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations Khaled! I also took and passed the exam yesterday.

I also did all the questions in the simulator. I am glad I was not the only one. :)

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26608

• Khaled Qishawi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations Nikane! It's like a huge weight off of our shoulders!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikane Mallea

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26609

• Khaled Qishawi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I think it was the 9th book, but if you have the 10th then that would be better. You would need to read and understand the agile book listed by PMI I believe, I risked it and learnt agile through the simulator questions.

To answer your questions:
1. I took it at the center.
2. Around that yes.

Good luck Duon!

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26610

• Khaled Qishawi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Read the answers carefully of every possible answer shown and understand why one is wrong and the other isn't in the explanation. I would recommend to cross off the wrong answers first then looking for the right answer. Many times, you are left with two answers that are close and then you would have to re-read the question to find that little detail to help you get the correct answer. Finish all 2150 questions before doing the exams. If you feel you are ready, do one exam and see how much you get. If you get above 65% then do the next. If not, continue the simulator questions.

Good luck Deepa and I wish you all the best!

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26616

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Khaled,

Congratulations on passing your exam! We appreciate that you took the time to write to us and share your success. It always makes our day to hear from one of our customers that they passed the exam. We are glad to know that our products have helped you on this journey. Thank you, and best of luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natasha Sealy-Fraser

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26625

• Deepa Sundaram
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26628

• Kenichi Endo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations!
Thank you for your great advice.

I am now testing about 70% of 1500 questions with Prepcast,
Overall, with a 66% accuracy rate on the first attempt at the exam
The test results of Premium Exams are as follows.

PMP exam 1: 61%
PMP exam 2: 64%
PMP exam 3: 69%

It is moving in the range of 60%, and the score does not increase and I am troubled.

Please tell me one point.

Optional for 2150 questions
For "Include Exam questions:"
Yes / No Which did you choose?

#I was practicing including Yes, so the Premium Exams
I think that the test results have been answered from my memory
I'm even more worried.

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26630

• PMP Aspirant
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Khaled,

Congratulations on passing the exam. Can you please clarify the following questions?
- What was your score range when you were doing quizzes?
- The exam results/percentages that you have shared, are these the results of your first attempts?

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26641

• Khaled Qishawi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I would not include the exam questions. Finish the rest of simulator questions and then do the last premium exam. If you end up getting above 65 in it. I think you should be fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenichi Endo

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26729

• Stephen Odhiambo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Khaled,

I'm planning to take the exam in early May. (On that is there specific dates or months during which one MUST take the exam or is it any moment one feels ready as long as application is successful)

Does Rita's handbook have Agile in it? I'm yet to go through the 10th Edition. If not, where can I get Agile with content relevant to this exam?

Regards
Stephen
Last edit: by Stephen Odhiambo.

Passed my PMP exam! Mar 6th, 2021 3 years 1 month ago #26844

• Markus Kopko
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations Khaled and welcome to the club!

Thanks for sharing your success and experience with the community; highly appreciated!

All the best for your career as a PMP.

Regards,
Markus
"Management is about doing the things right;
Leadership is about doing the right things!" (Peter Tucker)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login