fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam on 8JAN2021

Passed my PMP exam on 8JAN2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26577

• Torsten Radusch
  • Torsten Radusch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello PMP students,

It's already 2 month ago when I passed the exam but I'm still proud that I achieved it.
I've tried to pass the exam without success already in December based on the sixth edition. I was obviously not that far away from passing the exam but I wasn't prepared well enough.
The second exam in 2021 was different in the following ways:
1) Two breaks instead of only one break.
2) Less questions and less time in total.
3) Questions with two or three right answers (not only one right answer).
4) Putting tables on the left (e.g. description of a process) to a corresponding table on the right (e.g. process name)

Of course I have used the 6th edition of the PMBOK Guide because I started learning in September 2020. In addition I have read Rita's book in the corresponding 9th edition. Useful but it should me a bit more condensed to the essentials. But what really helped me more than only reading these two books and trying to understand and learn some items by heart was the PrepCast Simulator. Both thumbs up for this tool! It's really worth it and I can highly recommend it. The questions are close to the exam questions. The exam questions are partially very complicated in grammar and have a lot of text and prose which makes it sometimes really hard to stay focused. So use the simulator, read questions and answers including the descriptions of the right and wrong choices to really understand the way of PMI thinking.

A good portion of the questions was agile related. Another big part was related to stakeholder, resource and communication management. No formulas. No calculations, neither critical path nor earned value, nor contractual calculations. At least during my exam.

I have done the exam at home. This was very convenient and without additional stress of driving to the teast center etc. The remote tools worked very reliable and the communication with the PMI guys, who finally checked my room with my camera, was fine. Great and comfortable. Highly appreciated and recommended.

So I keep my fingers crossed for all of you who are going to do the exam. Don't forget to follow one important hint in the books after finalizing a successful project when you have passed the exam. Celebrate yourself!! Shout out loud your success and achievements! Good luck!

Cheers, Torsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melinda Hegyiova

Passed my PMP exam on 8JAN2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26580

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Torsten,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember we communicated once via the simulator's Live Feedback™ support feature. I am glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed my PMP exam on 8JAN2021 3 years 3 weeks ago #26582

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Stan,
Thanks a lot for your message and good luck for you as well.
Stay healthy, cheers
Torsten
Last edit: by Elizabeth Harrin. Reason: edited to remove personal email address

Passed my PMP exam on 8JAN2021 3 years 5 days ago #26832

• Markus Kopko
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations Torsten and welcome to the club!

Thanks for sharing your success and experience with the community; highly appreciated!

All the best for your career as a PMP.

Regards,
Markus

ATP PMP Instructor @OSP
"Management is about doing the things right;
Leadership is about doing the right things!" (Peter Tucker)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login