fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the 2021 PMP Exam- Study Materials/ Exam Tips

Passed the 2021 PMP Exam- Study Materials/ Exam Tips 3 years 2 months ago #26389

• Josue Israel Fernandez
  • Josue Israel Fernandez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, I passed the 2021 PMP exam!!

PM PrepCast Study Materials:
-The PM PrepCast--> The videos teach you about 75% of what you need to pass the 2021 exam.
-The PM PrepCast Formulas--> The formulas are condensed nicely on sheet and are good to know. The exam version I took was not heavy on solving formulas.
-PMP Exam Simulator 2021--> Essential to passing the exam. I took several quizzes and then took the full practice exams. Every time I took a quiz/ exam I reviewed the reason as to why I got it wrong. I re-read the question and used the “Hint” descriptions to get clarification on the real question being asked.
-Booster Course for The 2021 PMP Exam--> Great supplemental videos to help bridge the content gap for the 2021 exam. Some videos are duplicates from the PM PrepCast, but there are new videos on agile. This cover the remaining 25% needed to pass the 2021 exam.

External Study Materials:
-Exam Prep Special Offer 2021 (Free PMI course offered to bridge gap for new 2021 content)--> Good practice on PMP concepts. Offers great lessons learned in project management but does not “teach” you the fundamentals. Great to take if you signed up for it, but not required.
-PMBOK® Guide 6th Ed Processes Explained with Ricardo Vargas!
--> This video helps you relate the processes better to be able to apply them to situational based questions.

Tip #1: Know the Exam
-The overall exam were all situational based questions. PMI it really trying to measure how much you are able to apply the knowledge you know in real life scenarios. Most of the time you can easily eliminate 1-2 answers off the bat, but then (like in real life) you will have to choose between a good answer and the best answer.

Tip#2: Filter the Good and Best Answer
-A challenging part of the PMP exam is the amount of questions to read, understand, and select the best answer in the allotted time. To help me with this, I practiced answering each question in roughly 1 minute (give or take a few seconds). I used the exam timer to help me count down the seconds I had remaining. If the question was too long or if I could tell it would take me a while, I would skip it. Once I was done with the first round of answering the questions, I went back again with the remaining 15 minutes to answer the “Unanswered Questions.” If I had time, I went back to the “Flagged Questions.”

Tip #3: Use the Exam Timer to your Advantage
-The way I used the exam timer to track the seconds I had remaining on each question was to have the last exam timer digit and question digit add up to 10 mentally. For example: @ time 229:59-229:00 minutes for question 1 (60 second countdown to answer this question), 228:59-228:00 for question 2, 227:59-227:00 for question 3. If the sequence was off, I skipped the question which gave me more time for the next question. After I did this with a practice exam, I noticed I was answering the questions a lot quicker by forcing myself to interpret the question faster.

I hope this post helps others who are preparing for their exam! Good Luck!!

Passed the 2021 PMP Exam- Study Materials/ Exam Tips 3 years 2 months ago #26394

• PMP Aspirant
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Fernandez,
Congratulations on passing the PMP exam. Can you please confirm if you got questions from EVA/EVM, or related to any other formula?
Also were all questions lengthy or some were lengthy and some were shorter?

Passed the 2021 PMP Exam- Study Materials/ Exam Tips 3 years 2 months ago #26398

• Josue Israel Fernandez
  • Josue Israel Fernandez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you!

The EVM question I got involved interpreting the relation of earned value, planned value, and actual cost on a graph. I did not have to calculate anything. I also had 2 questions on projecting project health based on given SPI and CPI values.

About 70% of the questions were lengthy the other 30% were short.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMP Aspirant

Passed the 2021 PMP Exam- Study Materials/ Exam Tips 3 years 2 months ago #26402

• PMP Aspirant
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Thanks!

Passed the 2021 PMP Exam- Study Materials/ Exam Tips 3 years 2 months ago #26404

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Josue,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login