fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Tips for study

Tips for study 3 years 2 months ago #26206

• Juan Carlos Espejo
  • Juan Carlos Espejo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The first time I took the exam in mid-2019, I had only taken a course on projects (in Spanish), to get the 35 hours required to be eligible. I had read Head First PMP. I had a simulator in Spanish with a lousy Spanish translation. I took the exam in English and took it lightly, I failed.
My recommendation is to be consistent in your study, read the entire PMBOK and Agile Practice Guide, Head First PMP, and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep, and get a good exam simulator like "The PMP Exam Simulator", take all the exams that the simulator offers. What worked for me, was to review all the questions after each completed exam, first read the correct questions and the incorrect ones, then just focus on the incorrect ones, read carefully the very detailed explanation that comes out in the simulator and then read the references it showed.
When I finished reviewing, I would take another exam and so on until I took all the exams in the simulator once (at least twice a week I would take an exam), so when I went to take the exam (in Nov 2020), I passed it without problems. I recommend studying for two or three months and three hours every day (if this is possible).

Tips for study 3 years 2 months ago #26262

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Juan Carlos!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login