fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP on the first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP on the first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 1 month ago #26241

Tonya Saxon

Congratulations on passing the exam. What version of the Rita Mulcahy did you use?

/
3 years 2 months ago #26214

Stan Po - Admin

David, thank you again for your kind words. Much appreciated.
3 years 2 months ago #26213

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello Stan,

Thank you very much, and I’m not trying to sell product for you, but the mock exams are probably what prepared me the best for the real thing. The questions were similar, and most importantly for me it prepared me for the stress of doing a long, timed test in front of a computer.

Once again, thank you for a fantastic product and to anyone on the fence reading it, it’s worth it.
3 years 2 months ago #26212

Stan Po - Admin

David,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
3 years 2 months ago #26204

David Gregorato

's Avatar

Hello everyone! I am writing this still riding the high from that acceptance email from PMI. I still can’t believe I passed the exam.

Let me tell you about how I ended up doing it. First of all, I got the PMBOK 6th edition towards the end of November, then got the Joseph Phillips course from Udemy to get my 35 contact hours. I eventually decided to get a PMI membership after Mr. Phillips’s recommendation. I went on Reddit to find inspiration/help, and that’s when I heard about the PM Exam Simulator. Got a subscription to that, along with Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep. Studied through those, found some videos on YouTube to help explain some concepts (Ricardo Vargas, Aileen Ellis).

I also downloaded the Agile Practice Guide since the test had changed in January, and read through that. Overall, I would say what helped me the most were Rita’s book and the PM Exam Simulator, as the question format was very similar to the real test. It also helped to practice sitting through a few 4 hour tests, as it can be mentally exhausting. I had to cut down on my social life (not that there was much left of it during these times), and was studying a few hours a day, but I figured the push for a relatively short time would be worth it.

I ended up with AT/AT/T as my final test result, and I am extremely happy! Thank you very much, and if I can do it in two months, you certainly can! Just focus on yourself, and you will make it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login