fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

[email protected] 3 years 2 months ago #26198

• Nevine Amer
  • Nevine Amer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed the exam in December 2020, hang in there if you fail at first!

It wasn't my fist attempt but my lessons learned on the failed attempt are as important as the successful one. I Believe I underestimated the exam and overestimated the impact of my experience! I studied hard but thought I could do it solely bu myself. The truth is I needed more support and more exam practices. In September 2020, I came up with a plan, I subscribed to the PM prepcast as well as Aileen Ellis program and watched maby videos and lessons learned. I also joined the social media group created by Helena at PM and the support of that group was extremely helpful.

All in all, I sudied about 3 hours every day after my full time job and dedicated most weekeds to studying as well. I did take days off when I felt the need for it every 2 or 3 weeks and passed my exam on December 18 with 4 above average! I am proud of what I have accomplished and couldn't have done it alone!

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Nevine

[email protected] 3 years 1 month ago #26254

• Lisa Sweeney PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
Hi Nevine,

You're not alone in underestimating the difficulty of the PMP exam. We're pleased that you passed and glad PM PrepCast offerings helped on your second try. They were my main source of training, though I did watch a couple of Aileen Ellis videos out of curiosity, too.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings: Free PDUs for PMP® Renewal and Recertification

As always, please remember that since this is a public discussion forum, if you provide personal information here, then it is publicly visible to everyone on the internet, including search engines like Google.

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned.

Hope you stay safe and well in 2021 and wish you all the best, Nevine Amer, PMP!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login