fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam in December 2020

Passed Exam in December 2020 3 years 3 months ago #26129

• Jaskirat Anand
  • Jaskirat Anand's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I decided to give the exam in June 2020 and started the prep back then. But had to put the prep on hold for a few months. And then finally started again in middle of November. Luckily I had only gone through couple of topics before I had to stop, so I didn't loose a lot. When I started again in November I had a plan in mind which I applied and it helped me crack the exam with ease. One of the key components of the plan was the Exam Simulator by PrepCast. The PMBOK itself is a good source material but alone it doesn't prepare you for the questions on the exam. The key areas where Simulator helped were:
1. How to read the question and identify the extraneous and required information?
2. How to link answer choices to question?
3. How to use process of elimination it you're not sure about the answer choices?
4. Identify what my strengths and weak learnings are and address them as I go about the knowledge areas.
5. Identifying made up terms and fake processes in the answers.

Some things I would like to share from the day of exam.
1. If you're planning to take the exam online due to Covid related concerns like me, setup your work space at the earliest where you'll take the exam. It's a 4 hour exam so sitting at one location will be a challenge and getting use to the work space will help on the day of the exam.
2. For an online exam, you're not allowed to use random paper for doing calculation and rough work. So I recommend using an online whiteboard for solving the network analysis related questions during your prep. Also, try and get used to the calculator on your laptop or desktop.
3. Some people, like me, tend to read the questions and answers out loud. It's not allowed during the online exam, so start practicing reading questions in your head.
4. Have your phone at an arms length away from the work space so that you're able to get a hold of it's needed in situations like internet interruption, laptop or desktop restart. You'll not be allowed to step away from the webcam during the exam except for the 10 minutes break that you'll get.

Best of luck for your exam prep and see you on the other side of the exam as the winner.

Passed Exam in December 2020 3 years 3 months ago #26133

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations, Jaskirat!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons learned.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com

Passed Exam in December 2020 3 years 3 months ago #26165

• Nebojsa Mitic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I managed to pass PMP exam and gain PMP certificate in December. My PMP journey was started at the first quarter of previous year and I took the exam the first time on last day in July.
My initial study plan was to go through PMBOK and RITA PMP Exam Prep at least two times per book.
I did it and started to practice real PMP exam questions using some another PMP Simulator issued by other company that proved as my mistake.
I passed RITA PM Fast Track 9 going through each knowledge area practicing real PMP questions and I did 3 Real Simulators, but unfortunately I failed the PMP exam in my first attempt.
After this my failure I made decision to purchase PMP Exam Sumulator by PrepCast.
I have planned then to go more times through quizes and to perform all 8 Real PMP Simulators.
At the beginnimg of using this simulator, I have trained specific knowledge areas and very soon started to use Quizes per specific project mangement process group and mandatory with included time (72 sec per question).
I noticed over time that I begin to fill up may knowledge gaps particularly from reading the mistakes I made in PMP questions which I practiced through a Simulator.
In parallel with this I was reading again PMBOK but only for those areas I thought I had gaps.
Using PMP Exam Sumulator by PrepCast and reading parts of PMBOK that I had gap in knowldede, I noticed significant progress in my knowledge.
I would especially mention that reading all answers from each PMP Real qustions, including correct and incorrect answers, I learned the most things required for real PMP exam.
What I would warmly recommend is to use Time related quizes from each process groups and later quizes with at least 100 questions randomly selected with included time and you will see great progress in knowledge.Time based questions are essential thing in preparing for real PMP exam since you are training the speed of answering real questions that is one of crucial things for PMP exam success.
I have used some additional PMP Student manuals, a lot of mockup tests, but as I mentioned that PMP Exam Sumulator by PrepCast along with PMBOK is the best solution to pass PMP exam.
This is more than just PMP simulatoir, furthermore it can be described as great student PMP Prepcast manual.

I wish you good luck with the 2021 simulator as well and a lot of great success in the future for the whole company OSP International LLC.
Last edit: by Nebojsa Mitic.

Passed Exam in December 2020 3 years 2 months ago #26249

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations, Nebojsa!

Thank you for sharing your PMP exam journey with us.
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login