fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PASSED on 2nd try !! Read my tips!

PASSED on 2nd try !! Read my tips! 3 years 3 months ago #25790

• Nancy Duncan
  • Nancy Duncan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all!
Just Passed my PMP on 12/22! (after narrowly failing, the first time)
Wanted to share my tips and my journey, hoping it benefits some of you out there.
- I took a good 4-day class in early summer from Velociteach, but knew I had just scratched the surface of what needed to be learned to pass the test. Due to other work, wasn’t able to start studying until late August in earnest, and took test in mid-October at home. Came very close to passing, but didn’t make it.
- Realized I wasn’t understanding the logic behind some of the questions, and so tried to identify the kind of logic and mind-set I needed to pass the exam.
- Read tips from all of ya’ll out there to try to identify what I was missing…. Finally read Lisa Sweeney’s recap of her exam prep, and she noted that Kevin Reilly‘s one-on-one coaching was what she credited to passing the exam!
- I contacted Kevin, and he did a PMP Exam Prep Needs Assessment at our first coaching session. He also helped me develop a manageable, weekly study schedule, that was very doable, and lowered my anxiety. He also included ways/techniques to check my progress, and my improvement in understanding what knowledges and mindset were needed to correctly assess/evaluate the questions and consistently pass the tests.
- I also continued to study Andy Crowe’s book – How to Pass the PMP on your First Try, and used the PMP PrepCast and OSP PMP Exam Simulator exams… their exams are good!
- I also took several practice 4-hour exams, to get used to the time considerations, and the length of the exam – it IS a long exam!
- I tried to take the exam at home, but the connection failed -- I stayed on the line with PMI and the test provider for hours…. Finally, after 5 days of effort, got re-scheduled to take the exam at a local testing center, which proved to be a wise idea, even with wearing a mask for 4+ hours.
- Want to thank Andy Crow/Velociteach and Cornelius Fichter/PM PrepCast for their materials.
- Finally, want to give a big thanks to Kevin K. Reilly, my great coach! He made the difference for me!
He can be contacted at 951-529-2998, or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Nancy Duncan

PASSED on 2nd try !! Read my tips! 3 years 3 months ago #25816

• RP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Nancy,

congratualtions ..!! Do you have soft copy of Andycrowe How to pass PMP in first try book. ?

Thanks,
Ravi
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login