fbpx

Reply: I passed, here is my experience.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed, here is my experience.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25918

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Kyle! Thanks for coming back and letting us know how you got on. The question to time table tip is really helpful.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.
3 years 3 months ago #25759

Kyle Hryniw

I found the exam very difficult. The questions appeared tricky at first, as though they were a new type of question, however that was just in my mind.
Once my nerves settled, I could see that the questions were actually NOT trying to trick me, and I relaxed, and problem solved. I was able to eliminate two wrong answered almost immediately, and them take my best guess. People take note- in my experience, the PMP questions are NOT trying to trick you, the way many mock questions do.

At question 89, the exam automatically went to “review” mode, and I couldn’t get out. When it finally closed, it forced me into my 10 minute break. The Procter was not helpful, he just said that he cant help. I thought I had Iost 11 points, but after my break I thankfully started at question 89. Then the grind began!

I finished with 1 minute to spare, and did not review any questions. I felt like I was rushing, which was a bit surprising seeing as I had no time at all to review.

I only used the whiteboard for one critical path question and for my question-to-time table (a must). I had the whiteboard up permanently so that I could see my table. Folks, don’t just go by the 50, rule (after one hour you should be at 150, after 2 hours at 100 etc.). I don’t recommend that. Break it down to 25.

I finally completed, and passed.. by the end I had to pee so bad that I honestly couldn’t even celebrate.

I scored 4 above target, and planning was Target. I was very surprised to see that. Prepcast helped a lot!

For Prepcast, I focussed on targeted learning quizzes. I only did one full exam 2 days before the exam. I scored 80, but did terribly in planning. So focussed on planning on my final cram session, and it paid off.

Hope this helps folks, you can do it!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login