fbpx

Reply: Budi

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Budi

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25630

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experiences.
3 years 3 months ago #25562

Passed the Exam on Christmas Eve

's Avatar

I found this group very helpful during my preparation! so i would like to give back and share my experiences before and during the exam.

Preparation Time:
Passing PMP exam for me personally was not an easy task. It took commitment, sacrifice, hard work, and perseverance. My study hour is 10.30 PM after I finished by daily routine, until 1 AM in average. I did this routine in 5 month, almost every day. Even on the weekend I took local study group (note: many friends with same goal will motivate you)

Materials :
1. Linkedin Learning coached by Sandra (Sandy) Mitchell, MBA, PMP, CSM, ACP . I listened to her during my lunch break.
2. Udemy. Coached by Joseph Phillips. I listened to him during my exercise and on weekend. love his motivation speech.
3. PM Prepcast. I listened to our coach, Cornelius during my weekend.

For practice exam , I took :
1. Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM . This is the hardest one. I took 6 mock tests.
2. PMTraining.com. i took this during my commute to work, since it was light enough using mobile web.
3. Oliver F. Lehmann, MSc, ACE, PMP questions. I took this during weekend.

For books, I took:
1. Rita. Its a must, especially to study procurement process
2. PMI. This is the "holy bible", you must read this more than 2 times
3. Diana Altwies. I read this book during my commute to work. this book is simple, easy to read.
4. Headfirst. I read this book also quite interesting, with many pictures in it
5. Kim Heldman. Great book to understand better on Integration management process. I read this book during weekend.

Study Tips:
1. build your own material. You need to build your own material, using any tools. I bought a lot of notebooks and papers for my study
2. write down your braindump everyday...yes..everyday, including your 49 processes from initiating until closing.
3. After listening to Cornelius. Try to re-write what he said in your notebook.

Tips for Online Exam:
1. Go to bathroom first before you start the exam. (i was stupid to drink a lot of water before the exam, so during the exam it was like in HELL - and cannot concentrate enough during the exam, since you cannot go to toilet before break time (10 min))
2. bring your passport and your ID (my ID was not clear enough, an luckily i was told that i also need to bring my passport)
3. Hand phone was required to take picture for my passport (my passport or i would say Indonesian passport is very glossy, so for laptop to take picture it was impossible, so i need to use my handphone to take picture and upload to link that has been shared by proctor)

Hope this short sharing can be useful for your exam. Just like Joseph said, "keep moving forward"

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login