fbpx

Reply: Passed in first try with At/AT/AT/AT and T :)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed in first try with At/AT/AT/AT and T :)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25498

Abhijit Sengupta

can you please direct me which of the similated exam here were close enough? you can text 3135955310 to chat
3 years 3 months ago #25497

Archie Pineapple

Hi Harleen,

I really appreciate your quick response.

Thanks and congratulations once again :)
3 years 3 months ago #25495

Harleen Sharma

Hi Archie,

Relax and breathe! I was feeling exactly the way you were and taking the PMI mock did not help. I scored 70% in it and the result was 'failed'. It crumbled my confidence completely. I found the PMI Mock was vague and not of as good quality as Prepcast Simulator or even Oliver Lehmann.

On the simulator, my scores were 75%, 78%, 79%, 78.5%, 82%.

As you will read from my feedback below, even though my prep time was short, I don't think delaying my exam (even if I had the time - if the pattern of the exam was not changing), would have helped. The exam is what it is. I did get confused on a few tools and techniques, so make sure you have that on your tips. For example, you project is delayed blah blah, how should you inform the sponsor and senior executives - gantt chart, burndown chart, etc.

Hope this helps!

Best of luck :) I am sure you will do well. Remember not to exhaust yourself the last 1-2 days and take it easy.

Harleen
3 years 3 months ago #25494

Archie Pineapple

Congratulations !!

My exam is in a few days. What are your biggest takeaways and how did you find the real exam in comparison to PMI mock exam. How were your scores in the PMI mock?
I am getting very nervous as every minute is flying by.
If you don't mind sharing how were your scores on the simulator?
Thanks
3 years 3 months ago #25490

Harleen Sharma

I still can't believe I passed the exam today. It is yet to sink in. I wanted to log in right away and thank everyone on this forum. Prepcast Simulator and Prepcast forum have been my journey buddies for the last two months. Without these two, I would not have passed. I started studying on October 27 and wrote my test today, December 23. While I know I spent less than usual on PMP prep, the time I did spend, I gave it my 500%. I think my family is happier than me, finally, I can have my life back!

I used the following study plan and aids:

I purchased the Prepcast podcast for 35 hours PDU. I listened to the first 6-7 chapters on it, but it was taking too long, so I switched to PMBOK and Rita Mulcahy after that. I would first read Rita and then skim through PMBOK. Both books had some extra concepts not covered in the other. I did the end of lesson practice tests from Rita after reading each chapter. Once I finished all chapters, I dived into the Simulator. I think I started it on Dec 8 and did 5 mock tests out of 8. The questions from the Simulator are fairly difficult and helped me get a good grasp of the concepts. After each test, I spent 6-8 hours analyzing the test. I read through both correct and incorrect questions and started putting the incorrect ones in an "error log". I analyzed which domain I was scoring low on and did additional practice tests (times quizzes) for those domains.

I also watched a lot of videos: Aileen's situational and ITTO questions, PMP with RAY (awesome), and Ricardo's process flow diagram were super helpful. I also watched a few videos on Agile to get a hold of the basics.

The last 3 days, I just revised my error logs and my own notes.

I took the exam in a testing center today. I am glad I did not try the online exam. The center provided me with a laminated sheet and marker. I wrote down all the formulas I had memorized - I did not get to use even a SINGLE formula!! I did get 2-3 questions on critical path/float, so the sheet did come in handy.

I found the exam to be VERY difficult and confusing. The first ten questions were very easy and made me feel confident but after that, it went downhill pretty fast. Compared to the Prepcast Simulator, I thought the real exam questions were extremely vague and poorly worded. I had practiced analyzing the situational questions by first identifying which process I was in. Some questions were so vague that it was difficult for me to even analyze the process.

I can't believe I passed with 4 ATs and one T. At home while practicing in the Simulator, I always completed the tests in 3 hours. In the real exam, I barely had time to review and my exam ended abruptly and a second later it showed me the 'Congratulations' message!! After I exited the examination Hall, they provided me with a printed copy of the detailed result which showed the breakup of AT and T ratings.

My journey to getting a PMP certification has come to an end. My most sincere thanks to Prepcast for preparing me.

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer. In the end, to those who are trying to write the exam before Dec 31 - please don't give up, you are nearly there! My best wishes to all aspiring candidates!

Regards
Harleen

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login