fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the exams!

Passed the exams! 3 years 4 months ago #25444

• SIMON CHANG
  • SIMON CHANG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My path is weird. I did training in Jan 2019, apply to be eligible for exam in July 2019.
Only book for exam for Dec 2020 in Nov 2020. Passed with my 1st attempt yesterday. AT/T/T/AT/AT
Was scoring around 70% in simulator. The practices are more helpful for me to learn as I answer. 200 questions is more of a test of your stamina.
I have to say, simulator is much more difficult than the actual exam.
The exam was mostly straight forward. Mine was on site and had to off and surrender everything once I step in for registration, so no more last min study.
Its good to calm down and relax your mind.
I sort of know I will definitely pass after the first 10 questions and during break.
Last edit: by SIMON CHANG.

Passed the exams! 3 years 4 months ago #25454

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Congratulations on your great achievement, Simon!
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com

Passed the exams! 3 years 3 months ago #25482

• Ravi Ch
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
"I have to say, simulator is much more difficult than the actual exam."
But I have read from others that is other way round.
Is the exam easier than simulator?

Passed the exams! 3 years 3 months ago #25487

• Brittany S.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Ravi, this is just my personal opinion based on my experience (I am not sure if some of us get different test questions or if we all get the same thing), but I thought that the actual exam was more difficult than the simulator, when speaking about the PMP exam. For the record, when I took my CAPM, I thought that the PM PrepCast simulator was much harder than the actual test.

To be fair, I ran into a huge issue with Pearson ONVUE that delayed the start of my test nearly 1.5 hrs, so I went into it a total wreck. My view might be different had everything gone well and I had gotten to go into it with a clear mind.

Passed the exams! 3 years 3 months ago #25502

• SIMON CHANG
  • SIMON CHANG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I think if you get easier questions, you will need a high score.
Also, i think there is weightage for different question.
Just my guess from the results, the exam outline phrasing, and also non scoring questions. I suspect PMI can easily do some software or data analysis which is why they hide the scores now.
Like this question, which 90% of eventual PMP get it right, means it is a straight forward answer, that is like 1 point.
If there are 2 correct answers, only 50% of eventual PMP get it right, maybe 1 answer will be worth more.
Last edit: by SIMON CHANG.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login