fbpx

Reply: PASSED THE PMP EXAM 2 DAYS AGO-2ND ATTEMPT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED THE PMP EXAM 2 DAYS AGO-2ND ATTEMPT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25397

Youssef

's Avatar

Hi,
I passed the PMP exam on december 16th, but unfortunately I failed, I try to repass it for the 2nd time before the end of the year, but, I can't submit the payment because the Icon "go to CART" on my PMI session is disabed. I don't know why.
Can Anyone tell me what to do, or I should just wait some days before taking the exam the 2nd time.

Please help.
3 years 3 months ago #25394

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi everyone,

I took the exam on 16/12 and unfortunately I failed, I try to re-pass the exam before the end of the year but I don't no why, I can't make the payment on my PMI session, the Icon "go to CART" in disabled.
Do you have any idea about why, should I wait some time before allowing me to make the payment and schedule my second try ?

thanks for you answers
3 years 3 months ago #25380

Richard Idowu

To be honest, they were 95% similar, the only difference most time is rephrasing the way the situational questions are worded. Try all your best to review the questions you missed and the ones you answer correctly on the simulator exam, and make sure you understand the reason why the incorrect answer choice is wrong.
Good luck!
3 years 3 months ago #25349

Ravi Ch

Hi,
Congratulations.
How similar were the exam questions compared to the prepcast questions?

thanks
Ravi
3 years 3 months ago #25312

Richard Idowu

Hello everyone,
I passed my PMP exam on 12/15/2020 with 5 AT in all domains on the 2nd attempt and I wish to share my lesson learned.
I bought the PMP Prepcast Learning management around September 2020, I made sure I had the simulator, videos, and formula sheet package. I also bought the PMBOK 6th edition. I am changing careers and new to the field.
I did the first 114 question assessment and I made 49.1%. That really showed me where I was with this new material so I decided to start listening to the videos which can be overwhelming if you don't have a plan.
Ok so I planned to move to 4hrs/day study session 3 days a week and I started by watching videos for the first two hours and will then take an hour break and use the remaining 2 hours to practice timed quiz-50 questions from the exam simulator. I progressed to taking the full 200 questions on the simulator till I got to Exam seven. I was constantly averaging 75 and 74 in the full exam
I will review all the questions both the ones I missed and the ones I got correctly, by a review I mean I will read every explanation as to why this is the best answer and read why the other answers were wrong. Occasionally I will watch PMPwithRay on youtube to practice more questions outside of the stimulator.
I studied on this plan till November 19th when I took the first attempt. I felt I was ready and on the exam day I can boldly tell you OVER CONFIDENCE was what made me fail. I rushed through the exam questions and answers and once I see a good answer I did not go to the remaining choices to check why they are not the best answer, at the end of the exam I had 50 minutes left, and instead of going back to review I hit the submit button and alas it was "sorry you failed". I never thought I could fail and was so depressed and when my exam analysis came in I had 3T, (Initiation, Executing, and closing), 1 BT (Monitoring and controlling), and 1 NI (Planning). I knew my fault and I took a week break from studying and after that, I scheduled my exam a week out 12/15/2020. This time around I was relaxed and not in haste when I see a probable answer, I took my time to read and understand why each answer choice should be struck out. long story short after 200 questions I had only 5 minutes left and I use that to review to the last seconds and when I hit the submit button I PASSED. It was a great relief for me and when my exam analysis came the next day it was 5-AT all domains.
My advice is to take your time to review all the choices on the exam and reject the options after you have a reason to strike it out and focus your attention on the remaining choices.

Good luck everyone!!
Richard Idowu

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login