fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP today at Center!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP today at Center!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25388

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, AJ!

Thank you for sharing your experience.
3 years 3 months ago #25310

AJ

I passed the exam today at center. I chose the center just to avoid any potential internet issues at home.

First, I would like to thank everyone who posted their experiences. Forum was a big help to boost my morale during preparation days. Special thanks to Pre-cast exam simulator team. Mock tests are game changer!!
I used Rita Mulachy and PMBOK book. I liked the Rita’s chart with online game under extras. Chart helped me to identify right process group while reading questions.

I took almost all pre cast mock test except number 4 and scored around average of 75-80%. I reviewed the wrong answers with PMBOK book and tried to understand why I was scoring wrong. Most of the time, I missed the minor details on question. To get comfortable with mask, I wore mask while taking all mocks at home. Highly recommended exam 6 & 7 to get good feel of real PMP.

I was worried, when I took PMI sample test and could only score 65%. Luckily, I came across the YouTube channel called Shri learning institute. The instructor guy had a good suggestion on how to prepare for exam in last 1 week. I followed his suggestions. Took PMI sample test twice to get familiarize with question language without worrying about score. Read integration chapter and all executing process along with all passages where change request mentioned from PMBOK two days prior to exam. I thought this would cover at least 100 questions on exam. It did help.

Exam experience:
1. Questions were mix- some were too easy & some were tricky with very close alternatives.
2. I got almost 10 questions on EV and network diagrams remaining all situational with very close choice. EV questions were mostly data interpretation only. Please read question carefully prior starting to calculate forward/backward. It may save time. It saved mine
3. Very few agile questions (maybe I was lucky)
4. Break window appeared around 89th question. I decided to take break and stretch.
5. Lots of questions were on change requests, project charter, stakeholder engagement,
6. After break I was little slower because some of the questions were so easy and I was making sure that I read it correctly. I could finish the exam just few minutes left.
Best of luck and wishes!
Keep telling yourself that you got this till you answer the 200th question on exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login