fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PASSED THE EXAM TODAY!

PASSED THE EXAM TODAY! 3 years 4 months ago #25287

• Tamika Sublett
  • Tamika Sublett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed the PMP exam today! About 90-95% of the exam questions are situational. There were about 2 EV and Critical questions each. There were also questions about agile which I assume is PMI getting prepared for the 2021 format.

The whole process took 8 months. WFH due to COVID19 allowed me to take my time and make sure I had a thoroughly understanding.

I did my training requirement to sit for the exam through
Udemy. I received a thorough basic foundation through Udemy.

I bought the PMBOK but was not able to get through reading it from cover to cover. Too boring, I couldn’t stay focused. However, I did reference it a lot throughout the studying process.

Then I bought Rita’s and it was much better. I read through it once, completing the practice exams at the end of each chapter. But this wasn’t enough....

From everything I’ve heard about the exam, the questions are mostly situational, so I purchased the phone app PM Learning Simulator. This allowed me to take practice exams in full or by knowledge area. This app help to solidify what I learned through Udemy. But this still wasn’t enough...

So I bought the PMP PrepCast Simulator and this was EVERYTHING to me! This simulator has over 1600 exam questions, all situational. I completed all eight 200 question exams (on weekends) and smaller quantities of questions during the week! This confirmed everything I learned up to this point. This simulator allowed to gain the confidence I needed to take the exam. The questions were very very similar to the real exam. In fact. I think the questions in the simulator were more difficult. Taking the full practice exams allowed me to manage my time for the real exam. I finished the real exam with 25 minutes remaining which allow me to review flagged questions. After I reviewed the flagged questions, I still had 14 minutes remaining. So I clicked the done button and up pips the “Congratulations” message almost immediately.

I cannot thank you enough PMP PrepCast. This simulator prepared me very well for the exam.

To all PMP aspirants, my advice to you is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE using the simulator, you can’t go wrong.

To all of you PrepCast folks and everyone posting in this forum, your feedback played a significant role in my success today!

Best wishes and stick with it!

PASSED THE EXAM TODAY! 3 years 4 months ago #25288

• Donna Silver
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations! And thanks for the info. I am scheduled to take my exam on the 22nd and I've very nervous. I feel like I've been studying forever, but still feel like I need more time.

PASSED THE EXAM TODAY! 3 years 4 months ago #25293

• Congrats. Pattern changed?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi ,
Congarts.
Do u feel that PMP already changed the pattern and mainly focusing on Agile ,Stakeholder and Communication areas?.
Somebody is advicing to not to take exam now,PMI alreday changed 30% questions to new format.What u feel .I took date on end of the month.Can we pass using this pattern study and prepcast.

PASSED THE EXAM TODAY! 3 years 4 months ago #25515

• Rishikesh Yalanavar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congratulations !

PASSED THE EXAM TODAY! 3 years 4 months ago #25541

• Mathieu Lauzon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I took the exam yesterday and passed using the exam simulator a lot to prepare for it. There are definitely a lot of agile questions, but remember that 25 questions are pre-test questions and not counted in your score. I can only suppose that many of those agile questions were pre-test questions but you don't actually know. In any case, I would suggest to try to sit for the exam in 2020 especially if you already have a scheduled exam.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login