fbpx

Reply: Successfully PASSED PMP exam in my first attempt! Now its time to give back.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Successfully PASSED PMP exam in my first attempt! Now its time to give back.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #25158

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your exam success story.
3 years 3 months ago #25103

Choudhury Rahman

's Avatar

PASSED my PMP certification exam yesterday scoring AT/AT/T/AT/AT.
It was an amazing, thrilling and at the same time mind boggling and intense journey, I must say that.

My journey started about 12 weeks ago with PMBOK. As soon as I completed the book I was looking for a website where I can write some mock tests and I am glad that I found the right place "PM PrepCast". PrepCast's questions are very similar to the actual exam. However, exam questions, especially the situational ones, are really vague and often you will stuck between 2 answers which are extremely close. In exam 50% to 60% of questions are like that and that's the main worry because you can master the ITTO, master the processes and their sequences but in order to correctly answer those questions you need something else - "JUDGEMENT as a PM when you sit on a PM's chair and take the next BEST STEP as an IDEAL PROJECT MANAGER". Mock tests are the only way to gain that skill and as you practice more and more mock tests the answers to these questions would become more and more clear and logical to you. Besides PMBOK and PrepCast , other materials that helped me are

1. Processes explained by Ricardo Vargas -

2. Aileen Ellis PM materials - www.youtube.com/channel/UCzl_4rhvVtjJ_rSIC1HRvmw
3. Numerous other websites which I time to time searched and went through whenever I realized there are some gaps in my understanding in a topic and I need more information to clear my confusion

One very important search (Although I found it very late, I luckily could go through) which improved my perception on situational questions was PMPwithRay - www.youtube.com/channel/UCO9Q3cPY4dKabwGrZ9rJx5Q . I'd strongly recommend this youtube channel to anyone and everyone who are in the process of getting their PMP certification. I watched almost all of his videos but the following few were extremely useful for me:

1. How to answer situational questions -

2. Change management -

3. Situational questions on change management -

I wish all the PMP aspirants - BEST OF LUCK!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login